Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sharing innovative kettle mod ideas  (Read 8339 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Sharing innovative kettle mod ideas
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 07:09:12 PM »
^^^I just used the vise and a small Polyurethane mallet. Mark off where you want it bend, clamp on the vise and tap it with the mallet till you get the angles right. The goal is to make both sides even and 2 bolts line up in the same original position.  Be prepare to throw away the handle if it comes out looking bad. I got lucky and got it on my first try the way I envisioned.  If you do try it, hope you take your time and make it.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:39:07 PM by greenweb »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 03:10:49 PM »
#5 idea

Many of you have more than 1 performer. I am not even sure how many Cap. Joe has. :)  Here is one wacky and cool idea I been having. To have all four Generations of performers. Preferably your choice of colors.   Gen1 SSP, Gen2, Gen3, and Gen4 can be modded using later Gen3 with the metal table , and a larger lid bale assy.  I kind of like the idea of having each Gen Performers. Anyone have this set up already.

I am one metal table and a lid bale away from having this reality.

jeffh

• Happy Cooker
    • BBQ with Jeff
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 05:47:10 PM »
Here's some pics of the aforementioned front handle on the 26er for you @kettlecook. Definitely a worthwhile mod be it in use with the lidbail or the unknown hinge.

Stop! You win! Just beautiful, man.
Weber Platinum Performer | Weber 22.5 OTG | Weber Smokey Joe Gold | Weber Q 3200 | Pit Barrel Cooker | www.bbqwithjeff.com

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »

Ok! who's crazy idea is this!  Not so practical but very cool nevertheless.  I am not so sure, but looks like from the Webers own design team having some fun.  Coolest 18" I ever seen.

mrgoodbar67

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2017, 01:39:17 PM »
Imagine SCG Bowl or a 26er on it!?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
-Custon SS 1998 Performer- with mods inspired by Idahawk, Winz, Zavod44 and a bunch of you here.
- Jumbo Joe with smoker mods

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »

Ok! who's crazy idea is this!  Not so practical but very cool nevertheless.  I am not so sure, but looks like from the Webers own design team having some fun.  Coolest 18" I ever seen.

I'm thinking, make a Ranger style grill like that!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
On the subject of the performer ideas, #2, I had an idea to switch Red SSP kettle into Gen2 performer frame and the C&B Lime Gen2 kettle into SSP frame. I think Jeff already have done Lime into Gen1 SSP. Why do this? Cause Gen1 SSP never came with Lime. ( Gen1 SSP- Colors offered in Gen 1 include Black, Red, Red Mist, Dark Green, Dark Blue, Plum, and Grey.) and Gen2 (came in Black, Dark Green, Grass Green (Crate and Barrel offering), Dark Blue, Sage, and Grey.) no Red.

For me, this would be unique but did not like the red bowl handle showing thru. bigger gap on the Gen2 table. It is funny how Gen1 bowl has the handle. Now, IMO, original Red looks the best in the SSP frame and the Gen2 looks the best in C&B Lime as they came from the factory.  All colors look great, but I also like Plum and Grey in Gen1 and the Sage and Grey in Gen2.

@greenweb  - Red/red fade most definitely looks good in a Gen2 cart……  8)

BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 04:03:53 AM »
^^^
That is definitely a tight look!!
I've so been looking for a red bowl to go on my gen 2 cart too.
I think that would look sweet with the metal table upgrade

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 06:53:37 AM »

Kettle-Q?

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 02:33:47 PM »

#1.
Turning a Copper OTG to a one off 2016 German only Winter Special Edition MT. Currently, no Copper Master Touch offered elsewhere.

Euro Germany only Copper MT project done. This one plus my freshly finished Red SSP will take up some cooking duties this year. Maybe have them in the back yard deck next week. More pics to come after they are on deck.

Back bowl handle removed and the lid bale holes drilled.

@greenweb  - Red/red fade most definitely looks good in a Gen2 cart……  8)

It sure does look great. If it wasn't for the bowl handle showing thru. the gap..... I would do this and C&B Lime Green in SSP frame. Thanks for the pic.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:57:21 PM by greenweb »

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 07:38:25 PM »

i think i could actually make this. im a mechanic and we have trash parts all day....... creative wheels a turning. id probably use 2 doughnut spares tho