Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chuck eye cook  (Read 1763 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Chuck eye cook
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »
Wife picked up some beautiful chuckeye. My second favorite only to bone in ribeye.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chuck eye cook
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
Damn! That's a lot of beef!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
Damn, those are some big ass steaks. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »

Turned out decent. I boiled a food saver bag full of pulled pork and mixed in some beans to serve as a side dish. First time I've had frozen food saver pulled pork. It was amazing. Tasted as good as the day I smoked it. Maybe better.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 06:11:28 PM »
Beef it's whats for dinner...and lunch...and breakfast...and......

Nice cook!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

therod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
I've never grilled a chuck-eye. I just never thought it'd be tender enough to cook on the Performer. Did you have to cook it indirect? I'm guessing you would to get it tender enough to eat. Then maybe give it the reverse sear treatment...?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Chuck eye cook
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
I've never grilled a chuck-eye. I just never thought it'd be tender enough to cook on the Performer. Did you have to cook it indirect? I'm guessing you would to get it tender enough to eat. Then maybe give it the reverse sear treatment...?

Actually I sear it and grill it medium just like any steak. I really like it and I wouldn't call it tough but it's not as tender as a ribeye or other normal cuts.

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 03:39:51 AM »
Chuck eye steak is also my favorite steak behind bone-in ribeye, especially when our local store puts em on sale at $5.99/lb. I like to dry brine and reverse sear mine, this has become my preferred steak cooking method.

Those do look larger than the chuck eyes I usually cook.

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 05:36:28 PM »
Chuck eyes are basically the piece of beef next to the last ribeye. Similar flavor and texture, they just don't hold together in one piece like a ribeye in my experience - the different muscle separate during cooking.

Essentially you're getting a ribeye steak for half price.