Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Stew  (Read 2866 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Stew
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 09:59:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing that @ 1ROW.  I think I will be ordering 14" CI dutch oven with legs very soon.

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »
Thanks @greenweb ! A Lodge Dutch oven is a great investment. Take care of them and they'll last forever. My grandma actually bought me the one I used the other day for Christmas. 8qt deep 12 inch model, it's a beast. A 14 would be a monster! I had been using a 4qt, probably good for small chickens or baking but too small for big soup cooks.... I've noticed that the prices on the Lodge website are pretty high. Shop around, Amazon, etc. Definitely get the camp model for use on the grill, that way you can put coals on top. Also, get a lid lifter, a must have. Don't know how I lived without it.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
Ordered 12" Cast-Iron Camp Oven and 14" Cast-Iron Tri-Leg Dutch Oven.  Thanks!

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 03:56:21 AM »
I would love to have a Camp Oven but I have 2 Dutch Ovens.  One that I bought new and one that I bought at a yard sale for $5.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 06:29:28 AM »
Thanks @greenweb ! A Lodge Dutch oven is a great investment. Take care of them and they'll last forever. My grandma actually bought me the one I used the other day for Christmas. 8qt deep 12 inch model, it's a beast. A 14 would be a monster! I had been using a 4qt, probably good for small chickens or baking but too small for big soup cooks.... I've noticed that the prices on the Lodge website are pretty high. Shop around, Amazon, etc. Definitely get the camp model for use on the grill, that way you can put coals on top. Also, get a lid lifter, a must have. Don't know how I lived without it.
I have pretty much the same one, inherited it from my parents and use a claw hammer to lift the lid... hey, it's how my dad did it!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.