Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ** Total RED Domination - 26" Mini Ranch Kettle **  (Read 5908 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: ** Total RED Domination - 26" Mini Ranch Kettle **
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 07:26:46 AM »
That is very special. I can't imagine a nicer looking functional versatile set up on the plannet as far as kettles are concerned. That literally has it all. Grilling smoking rollable badass machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 09:25:58 AM »
I'm going to start a separate savings account now in the event he ever decides to sell this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 10:14:03 AM »
That is incredible.
Very nicely done. 👍

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
I am liking that setup very much and the Redhead is beautiful!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 12:26:22 PM »
This was a long time coming. I just have a thing for RED's and it had an impact on my style!  A little backstory on this:

While I was proud of my Mini Ranch Kettle mod with the 26.75" OTG, I never really took a shine to it. I used it mostly for rotisserie and Paella cooks. The SS grate has never touched any meats.

Knowing that scoring a decent 26'r let alone a Redhead AND a One Touch are pretty slim, and this would not have happened until @Jeff reached out and brokered a deal with a Chicagoland collector.

The previous owner was meticulous in their RRR of this unit, it has its share of bumps and bruises which can be expected but it is everything I was looking for! I did some minor paint touch-ups and that was it.
I really took my time on this build and did not want to drill a bunch of holes in the bowl. The handle frames had been drilled out and reattached prior to me getting it, so my goal was to use those holes for mounting to the Ranch frame.

I had a couple ideas for mounting the bowl and settled on a band that is mounted on the frame brackets and the rolled lip of the bowl rests into it. Using the front handle as the secure mount. The band is secured to the frame with gasser hood flat head frame bolts graciously donated by @Shoestringshop -  The band is24 gauge stainless 3" wide and one piece @ 84" long. I used a handheld metal hole punch instead of drilling.

It has that original Stephens Bros. buoy kettle frame vibe with the band?

Next thing to do was figure out what to do with the ash. The new 26.75" OTG had its own ash can mounts. I had some OTG rings laying around and happened to notice that the 22" are the same size as the 26.75" rings!

I chose a Master-Touch ring and got to work. I hate to old style bridge holder for the rings and set about modding it so it secures to the leg sockets.

Pop riveting 3 stainless steel "fingers" to the ring and bending them into the socket gaps.

The only drilling I did to the kettle was three holes in the bowl for a 26.75" Slide Aside lid holder. The two bale holes are what secures the rear of the bowl to the band, very sturdy.

Thanks for all the kind words on the build and the assistance of Jeff and Dan for their generosity and encouragement!

Miracles do happen.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
@swamprb , I saw this when you posted on FB, THAT sir is a SHARP looking set-up!!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »
This looks fantastic!  Thanks for breaking it all down with the extra pics.  Excellent planning and execution.

I did not know that there were red 26ers with a One-Touch.  ??? :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »
Well done Brian. You've done well to make a less than perfect grill, over the top with an awesome mod.  This better be a candidate for mod month!!!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 01:37:27 PM »
Amazing setup, Brian.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »
Awesome cart and side shelves!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Oh, my wife saw this on FB and called me over to show me. She then asked why we don't have a red 26.  :'(
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 02:29:57 PM »
Oh, my wife saw this on FB and called me over to show me. She then asked why we don't have a red 26.  :'(
KEEPER !!!!
Search of Blue or Green MBH

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »
This looks fantastic!  Thanks for breaking it all down with the extra pics.  Excellent planning and execution.

I did not know that there were red 26ers with a One-Touch.  ??? :D

I'm not too keen on the history of the 26'rs, but it was my good fortune to end up with the One Touch and able to add the ash can otherwise I'd still be trying to figure out an ash pan mod since the Ranch Kettle frame lost its pan holders!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
Well done Brian. You've done well to make a less than perfect grill, over the top with an awesome mod.  This better be a candidate for mod month!!!!

Couldn't have done it without your help Jeff! Thanks again!