Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: q on a boat?  (Read 1923 times)

gps4

• Smokey Joe
q on a boat?
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:33:48 AM »
as summer came to a close, i was challenged by my cousin to figure out how to mount a small gas grill on his pontoon boat so as to take up as little passenger space as possible, but still be accessible to operate while on the water. 

I know there are grills specifically designed to mount to a boat rail, but i was expecting to get a q1200 for christmas this year and i have been trying to figure out the best way to mount it on the outside of the rails on the pontoon boat. 

any suggestions?

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Re: q on a boat?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 08:25:11 AM »
I looked into this for a buddy last summer. The most common set up was mounting grill to a fish filet table. The filet tables are built for marine use so they come in a variety of mounting styles and options.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: q on a boat?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
The structure of the q is basically two parts- the cast grill body and the frame. You can remove the grill from the frame with these 4 brackets that are present in each corner. This will make the Q much smaller and give you 4 solid mounting locations that don't compromise the structure of the grill You may have to find a way to mount the igniter and burner knob but that will be trivial compared to mounting the rest of the grill. Good luck!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791