Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Webrlytr  (Read 2745 times)

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Webrlytr
« on: December 26, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Re: Webrlytr
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 01:27:41 PM »
Nice. Does the chimney lid heat coals faster?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Webrlytr
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:29:48 PM »
Great!  This is an idea that's been rolling around in my head for awhile.  I'm all thought and no action. Nice execution.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 01:43:47 PM »

I havent timed it with the lid in a reliable manner because I run lump exclusively. I does seem to help the bottom coals light more evenly if its on there for a minute. Thats with my old side burner lighter though. 

So far the Webrlytr is untested and incomplete...theres more parts to it but I can play with it for now.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »
Great!  This is an idea that's been rolling around in my head for awhile.  I'm all thought and no action. Nice execution.

I hear what your saying. This is an alternative to the one I built in my head a long time ago. I like to use recycled junk and the parts haven't been found yet. This one will do for now.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 02:00:38 PM »

I havent timed it with the lid in a reliable manner because I run lump exclusively. I does seem to help the bottom coals light more evenly if its on there for a minute. Thats with my old side burner lighter though. 

So far the Webrlytr is untested and incomplete...theres more parts to it but I can play with it for now.

Nice work. I've been using a go anywhere as a dedicated chimney lighter, a gas assist chimney lighter seems like the next logical step in my progression.
Can you test the lid effect with briquettes?

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 02:00:59 PM »
All the parts came from Weber products. The burner assembly is off a SSP and the regulator is off a WGAser. I just beat them up with a hammer & drill and made them fit together.

I'll heat it up for dinner in a while. Hopefully the "cooking" grate dont shit out on me...

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 02:04:08 PM »

Nice work. I've been using a go anywhere as a dedicated chimney lighter, a gas assist chimney lighter seems like the next logical step in my progression.
Can you test the lid effect with briquettes?

Yes I will test it with bickets, after I get it all put together. I have another trick up my sleeve...

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 03:05:56 PM »

You're not alone.

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 03:08:48 PM »
Needs a tune up on the carb. and adjustment on burner position. Theres foil on the intake for the moment, probly open it up a bit more.

The flame lights up the cone pretty good.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 03:21:36 PM »

You're not alone.

There have been a few manufacturers of this basic type of lighter that have came & gone over the years. The only reason I used these parts is because I need a pot to catch all the ashes and its workable junk I have laying around.

Its just 1 iron in the fire.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 07:36:17 AM »
Cool Ray!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!