Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated: Second Order Completed. 6 Hinged Weber Grates For $40 Confirmed  (Read 14219 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Easier than stalking Target in September!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

jaynik

• WKC Brave
This conversation got very sciencey.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Perhaps I'm just being suspicious after reading the reviews, and seeing the price for one grill is 19.99, two is 76.27, and three is 19.99. The option for two is the only one that sounds plausible for a decent stainless grill. What if the other two options are to unload their stock of cheap plated grills that are mentioned several times in the reviews?

On the other hand, if it works out for you fellas, good enough.

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
7436 is plated not stainless. 

Price is great if they are actually Weber and ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
I just ordered some from Amazon which sent me a message that they have been shipped.  I guess I should be getting 3 new grates made of steel perhaps stainless.  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
My guess is that they are 7436 Weber grates that were returns or something when reading the seller profile-

"Albany Tool Co. is a new company located in Albany, NY. We are a trading orientated company that revolves around buying cheap from stores like Home Depot, Amazon.com, eBay.com and such selling platform and reselling at discounted prices!"

So where they said stainless I don't think that is the case at all because if I'm right it's the 7436 Weber Hinged Grate.

I'm willing to take a shot for under $7 each.   If they are somehow not that and are inferior (which I doubt to be the case) I'll have 3 shiny grates that will go on Kettles that get flipped when I need to thin the herd.  Being able to take photos with new shiny grates for a Craigslist ad will more than likely return more than the $7 investment.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Thanks for the confirmation @captjoe06

Order placed. Fingers crossed. I've been using the gourmet grates a lot lately, and it will be nice not to deal with the center section.
Retired

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Thanks joe!!  Order placed. My dad has a ots and I will give him one and replace my standard grates on both my 22's. Only flip I have is on my 26

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
COOT!, COOT!, COOT!....
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
The flip up grates should just be the standard Weber grate.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Thanks for the confirmation @captjoe06

Order placed. Fingers crossed. I've been using the gourmet grates a lot lately, and it will be nice not to deal with the center section.

I've never used a gourmet grate but always suspected the center section would be more of an annoyance on most of my cooks.  This confirms that.  I still might get one at some point for use with a wok or doing chicken wings.  Although I will now have 4 sacrificial standard grates to work with.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with all these left over standard grates a lot of us are going to have now?

WNC

• WKC Performer
Thanks!
Just ordered mine

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
Thanks @captjoe06   Just ordered a box. Crazy good deal :o
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Anyone have any ideas on what to do with all these left over standard grates a lot of us are going to have now?

@HoosierKettle , I recommend making some elevated grates, or half grates.
An angle grinder with a cut-off wheel … some nuts and bolts.  Or, weld some legs on if you can.
I hope to do-up some in the spring maybe.  Have lots of extra grates around from all of the passed rescues.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.