Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated: Second Order Completed. 6 Hinged Weber Grates For $40 Confirmed  (Read 14175 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Update 12/27

So I ordered initially,  waited for the shipping confirmation and once I got it I placed another order.  The first order came in with three Grates,  the second order initially came in a box with one Grate and today two more came fulfilling the order.  Total out of picket $40. For six hinged 22.5 Weber grates.

They came THROUGH!  Here's the Link to order

Update 12/26/16

Got back from Christmas travel and the second shipment I ordered only had one in the box.  Ugh. So It still says for three it's $19.99 on the website (I just captured another screenshot) but it seems with everyone jumping on the deal they probably can't or won't honor it.  If you don't need a hinged grate you may want to cancel if yours hasn't shipped.

The option for one or three are the same at $19.99
Read the reviews and buyer beware but I'm taking a shot.
Here's a screenshot of my order I highlighted the quantity discrepancy.

Here's the link-
http://amzn.to/2iaLNB

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Screenshot from 12/26/16 showing the pricing hasn't changed (except for 2 grates they ae happy to charge you $95.88)!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:33:11 PM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

dazzo

• WKC Performer

The discrepancy is still there.

I like the cost of 2  ($76.27)      :o

Order placed for the "package" of three.

I'm assuming the package can be returned if the quantity is "incorrect", and not really three     ;D

Thanks!   @captjoe06

Dude, relax your chicken.

soobaerodude

• Smokey Joe
Not sold or fulfilled by amazon, but a 3rd party.  It's most likely a listing error

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Not sold or fulfilled by amazon, but a 3rd party.  It's most likely a listing error
I've got a shipping confirmation.  So I'm guessing the box has three.  It says it shipped three. 
I'll do a report once they come in.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Also says: 4mm stainless steel hinged grid with 5 year warranty

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Also says: 4mm stainless steel hinged grid with 5 year warranty

Many reviewers said that they're not stainless.

I'm taking a shot on them.  At $7 a pop I'll take the risk.  The standard Weber hinged grate isn't stainless either.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
It's says bright nickel plated.. is that the same as stainless. Sorry if it's a dumb question. Someone make it clear please thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

Darko

• WKC Performer
No it's not. These grates are regular steel plated with nickel. Stainless steel is a totally different material. Stainless Steel typically has a lot of chromium in the alloy mix.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
When they arrive stick a magnet to them. A magnet won't stick to stainless.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Cellar2ful

It's says bright nickel plated.. is that the same as stainless. Sorry if it's a dumb question. Someone make it clear please thanks

Here are side by side comparisons of a Weber SS (Stainless Steel) grate and a Weber GBS (Gourmet System Grate).  The GBS is the top grate (bright and shiny - nickle plated) and the SS is the bottom grate (dull, non-reflective sheen).  Hope this helps.  BTW, not a dumb question at all. I could not tell the difference until I put the two together.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:08:45 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Thanks for the heads up. I decided to give em a go. I could use some replacement grates

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Darko

• WKC Performer
When they arrive stick a magnet to them. A magnet won't stick to stainless.

Yes it will, It all depends if the the stainless steel is ferritic or austentitic.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
There are some versions of stainless steel used to make grates that will be magnetic, or slightly magnetic, so that test alone can't verify what the grates are made of.

A good stainless steel grate is worth a dozen plated grates. The SS lasts and lasts. The plated grates go downhill with rust and erosion as soon as the plating wears off.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I was speaking in a generalization. Austenite is a nonmagnetic form of iron. Most of the 200 and 300 series stainless steels are austentic which will be nonmagnetic. Ferritic steels are iron-chromium steels and even though they can be stainless they are magnetic and generally used for different applications. Usually 300 series is for food grade applications like grates and cookware.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Robert

• WKC Brave
I tried it as well and placed the order.  It says free shipping.  I need a shower now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Robert
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:35:37 AM by Robert »