Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PizzaQue pizzas  (Read 2904 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
PizzaQue pizzas
« on: December 12, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »
Was happy to get the PizzaQue at the $25 price.  Have been slowly learning to use it.  This time I made my own sauce which I think I finally perfected.  I also made pizza dough for the first time using the Bobby Flay recipe.  From the batch of dough I made four 10'' pies.  Two were Margarita style.  The other two were mushroom/pepperoni and mushroom/dried spicy salami.  They turned out good.  I still need to work on two things: 1. Make the fire hotter 2. Figure how to make the dough more relaxed and stretchable.

This time (with the advice from Troy) I used semolina flour on my peels and the stone.  Before I used cornmeal which burned black and flaked on the stone. Nasty! Semolina is the way to go.

Also it is the first cook on my restored H code Brownie.  Finally put it to work.  Now it is my dedicated pizza kettle.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:48:26 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: PizzaQue pizzas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
Looks good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 07:02:03 PM »
I think they look fantastic. You must be a fellow onion and green pepper hater (on pizza at least)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
PizzaQue pizzas
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 09:46:04 PM »
Whatcha drinking there, Dave?
Glad your diggin that pizza que. I missed out on it when they were clearing them out. Next time though. Pies look great as always dude.
Diggin that brownie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:49:14 PM by Travis »

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:45:05 AM »
Nice job!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
Looks like one hell of a cook especially for the first time making dough.  You didn't burn the hell out of a pizza so the cook was a success!!!!

For the Bobby Flay dough, I've found I like to separate the dough into smaller balls prior to letting it rise.  I've done it after the rise, but usually let it rise another hour.  Now that I separate it first I do one rise, but I do it more like an 1.5-1.75 hours.  Try to go straight into stretching it without beating it down first and letting all of the air bubbles out of it.  If you rolled it, that could be part of the issue....rolling removes a lot of the air which makes it tougher.  I've also found that since I got a Kitchen Aid, my dough comes out better.  It really needs to be worked for a while before it is ready to divide up and rise.  I usually let it rise on the oven and preheat the oven for 1 minute just to make it a little above room temp.  Cover my bowls with plastic wrap instead of a towel so it creates a warm humid environment for the dough to rise.

I think it took me a good 4-5 cooks to get comfortable with my dough, so you seem to be ahead of the curve already.  Great job!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
Looks incredible. I have 2 sets of the pizzacues brAnd new. They were on sale. Still haven't used them but looking at your pizzas wow makes me want to get the ball rolling

Webers rule

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
Looks incredible. I have 2 sets of the pizzacues brAnd new. They were on sale. Still haven't used them but looking at your pizzas wow makes me want to get the ball rolling

You will find once you get started making pizzas it will become an obsession.  I go through my day thinking how can I make better sauce, better dough and how to get the proper temperature.  It's a great challenge.  Go for it!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson