Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: what happen to my webers when i die ?  (Read 3316 times)

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
what happen to my webers when i die ?
« on: December 01, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
was just reading bout people re-filling there green bottles , got me thinking , with nobody in my family into charcoal , what happens to my precious kettles when I die ?  don't really have anything super rare or anything but would be cool to somehow leave em to the club eh ? has anybody thought about it ? i.m having scary visions of a scrap dealer loading them up and crushing them ! ahhhhhh!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: what happen to my webers when i die ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »
Why wait til you die...you can give them to me and watch someone enjoy them while your still alive.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »
good one ! hellfire grill , made my day !

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 12:59:39 PM »
It's not stuff I think about. I have Weber's now because I'm alive and I enjoy them. When I'm dead, hopefully later rather than sooner, I probably won't care since I'll be dead. At that point, Webers will be the least of my worries. Hopefully my remaining family will not just toss them. But I won't care.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 01:04:15 PM »
As of now mine all go to my son. In May we'll have two kids and they can fight over them after I'm gone. Hopefully it's a long time from now though. Until then, like @Darko said, enjoying them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 01:10:15 PM »
kinda sorry I brought this up , this is too dark a subject for this site . nevermind....

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »
on a happier note scored a 2 year jj for $20 2 weeks ago .

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 01:25:41 PM »
on a happier note scored a 2 year jj for $20 2 weeks ago .

MINE!!!!  (in case you are looking for heirs!)
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
what happen to my webers when i die ?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »
I plan on lingering around a bit and haunting whoever gets my kettles by moving the vents around while it cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »
Not when I die, but I did think about if I ever moved to condo or other smaller place with no charcoal grills allowed.  I will probably pass them to other grillfellas here.   Matter of fact, my yellow, Green MBH, and the Red 3 wheelers are spoken for by members here already.  I will make sure to follow thru. when time comes.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
I don't care what happens to any of my stuff when I die but hopefully someone will enjoy them.

Wayne

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »
kinda sorry I brought this up , this is too dark a subject for this site . nevermind....
No, don't be sorry. Like any hobby or passion; We do hope that once we are gone, our descendants will at least get rid of our stuff for what it is worth rather than just tossing it. Alas, it is what it is.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 11:56:13 AM »
I honestly don't think it's a dark subject at all.

This is a concern that's come up in a number of hobbies that I'm involved in or aware of.  Take people who are interested in trains or old electronics and for the most part, given the demographics of the people involved, those are groups of people that, aside from some young people like myself, are ageing rapidly.  The question of "What happens to all this because nobody in my family's interested?" has come up in several circles of friends.  I've had several friends in both of those hobbies that have passed away which always prompts that type of conversation among those that knew them.  Two of them didn't have much family and nobody that I know seems to know what happened to the stuff that they'd collected over the years, or what happened to their pets either for that matter.  I hope their houses weren't cleared out into a dumpster before being sold, but nobody I know knows; nobody we know ended up with anything and nothing got donated to any of the railway museums these two people were involved in.  It's a rational concern for anybody that has a collection of any kind to have.

Not when I die, but I did think about if I ever moved to condo or other smaller place with no charcoal grills allowed.  I will probably pass them to other grillfellas here.   Matter of fact, my yellow, Green MBH, and the Red 3 wheelers are spoken for by members here already.  I will make sure to follow thru. when time comes.

This is a good point.  At least with a move or some other situation like that, you can plan and manage around it and take care of things yourself and that's what I plan to do as long as I'm around to do it.  The problem is what if the unexpected happens and that's what crosses my mind every so often.

I don't have any noteworthy barbecues so I imagine those would be sold and used by whoever buys them but I look around the house and wonder about the other things that I have that are unique and not directly useful to anybody like anything made by Weber and wonder what would happen.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »
@MrHoss has willed his Lime green that I sold to him a couple of years ago.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 12:53:23 PM »
Right now just have the Ivory, nobody wants it in the family so.......speak up if ya want it....