Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I am so excited  (Read 8306 times)

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: I am so excited
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 08:31:05 PM »
Are you gonna cook on it?

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2016, 09:15:20 PM »
With all do respect to our weber brother's and sister's across the globe combine don't equal the amount of people here that own and buy weber grills, so why does weber shit on us with the colors. Can someone please explain that, but until we demand by stop buying the product weber will continue to do this!!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:12 PM »
Gone are the days you could get the basic kettle in color. You have to buy Premium or Performer. No color for the 18 or 26. I would like to have a Copper but the handle arrangement is not for me. I cook mostly fire on one side food opposite. That puts the  thermometer over the fire. The Original Kettle Premium has two bowl handles and I like to hang the lid opposite the front leg on the back of the bowl. I will cook on the older ones before I cut the rear handle off a OKP and deal with the new lid style. I have a Black Master Touch and I would at least do the handle Mod like Darko did if I decide to keep it. Thinking about swapping the leg set and parting the rest out. Don't need the lid bale or thermomer and never cooked on the grates. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:53:03 PM by TD »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 02:04:10 AM »
Are you gonna cook on it?

Without a question, I am not a fan of lookers, I like to have looker cookers.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 04:05:29 AM »
Nah. Looks goofy...maybe more than the bolt on thingy. I go with old trusty welded on handle. I will however Tex up old L.B..
What? The fireplace handles? They look like the welded handles, just bolted on.

Really? Still looks goofy man. And you gotta do a paint match.....good luck with that. Why not just buy stuff with welded on handles painted the same colour? Plus they are cooler and don't chip paint from the floppy bolt on handle contact points.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 05:42:20 AM »
Sorry Jeff. Quality control at the Mother Company sucks. All 3 models at the shop showed porcelain damage....one had a 7-8 inch scraggly fold on the bowl face and the other 2 had 2 oval sized portions with 7-8 vertical lines located at EACH of the bowl straps showing on the outside. I could not believe it. One of the lids showed a circular scratch pattern too. Old IS better. Shit.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:55:16 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 05:51:27 AM »
Thanks Mike, if Weber hired you for quality control they would have a lot more to redo and we would have a lot better product.

Oh well, I am completely content with what I have.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 05:57:58 AM »
Damn. I am real bummed. Whoops. Now I am looking at my thumbscrew Aristocrat.....not so bummed now. Stay old Jeff....is what I advise. You have a fine day cooking too man. I can't come today but will be down soon enough.