Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ gloves  (Read 2853 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
BBQ gloves
« on: November 09, 2016, 05:03:45 AM »
In the past I haven't used any. Just used hot pads and 2 forks to shred.

Last couple of cooks I used a new pair of those blue coated general purpose work gloves. The ones that look like they are dipped. Anyway, they worked very well for handling a hot grate and handling hot meat. I don't know about hot cooks, I've only used them for low and slow.  Good thing is I just wash them and let dry for next use.  First time  I shredded my pork by hand and I really liked the results.

Does anyone else use construction gloves like that? Or what do you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: BBQ gloves
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:35 AM »
These are my BBQ gloves. Cheap and very effective.

US Forge 400 Welding Gloves Lined Leather, Blue - 14" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MRQAJG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_POZiyb5G5XVPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »
Those are inexpensive. Those would be great for grate handling. Mine are fitted and make pulling pork by hand possible and nice for general meat handling.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »
Yep. Mine aren't good for pulling pork but I can grab the grates if I need to. Once charcoal went overboard from the chimney and I just reacted and grabbed it with the gloves on. Felt heat but saved my hands from horrible burns and I didn't start a fire in the yard. Win win

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:49:51 PM »
At Home Depot they have a black pair inthe BBQ section that are alot like welding gloves.  They are about 10 to 12 bucks.  Work great for handling a hot chimney or moving hot grate.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:05:41 PM »
Yeah I've seen those. Do you use any gloves for meat handling?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »
For taking large cuts off the grill and pulling pork I use these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003IWI66W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478736591&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX280_SY350_QL65&keywords=meat+claws

If you go too fast you can hit your knuckles on the meat but they are nice to have.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
Yep. I've got those. They work pretty good but my pork shoulder came out so tender this last cook that I used my gloves and my hands and it was so much quicker and easier. Of course I had messy gloves to clean so probably a wash technically.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 02:35:23 AM »
I have a large trailered BBQ pit that I sometimes fill with 300 lbs of pork butts or whatever. Pulling and handling all that meat requires some heavy PVC, nitrile, or neoprene insulated gloves. I have used many different styles all the way down to cotton gloves covered in latex disposables.

Generally I'll use some like these.
https://www.safetycompany.com/work-gloves/chemical-resistant-pvc-gloves/ansell-snorkel-pvc-fully-coated-immersion-rough-finish-glove-with-gauntlet-cuff/?gclid=CjwKEAiA0pDBBRCFtoPyguTh8AUSJADNWeuxP5up1_wpkq3UCvAD6fXq-fs9MMXrV_QNxJM-zIcBQRoC-Y_w_wcB

You don't want to get any that fit snug because they'll make your hands sweat after a while and if you need to pick your nose you can slip the loose ones right off.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
BBQ gloves
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 04:21:21 AM »
Thanks, those look like a good option for how I want to use them.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 06:22:18 AM »
I like the long cuffed Ove Gloves.  I use them all of the time and the long cuff is great for saving your arm hairs when using the vortex.  Got these for @weldboy last year for secret santa.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FRUVQ46?psc=1

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 06:25:35 AM »

I like the long cuffed Ove Gloves.  I use them all of the time and the long cuff is great for saving your arm hairs when using the vortex.  Got these for @weldboy last year for secret santa.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FRUVQ46?psc=1

They are great! Perfect if you have a vortex, great for handling my craycorts as well. Fantastic gift Mike

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 06:35:04 AM »
those ove gloves are great for handling cast iron as well
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 07:57:48 AM »
I can grab my vortex while it's still hot and take it out of my grill with my ove gloves on.  Not sure I would walk around with it in my hand for long, but they work for removing it quickly and placing it on another grill.  I like to do this after wings cooks....spread out the remaining coals towards the outside to burn of the wing grease.  I can also pulll my pizza stone out of the grill for a brief cool down if it's getting too hot while cooking pizzas.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!