Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: removing some ads  (Read 3666 times)

Troy

• Statesman
removing some ads
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:05:47 PM »
quick update. I'm removing some of the ads that display in forum topics.

Sometimes they were playing sounds when hovered and it was getting annoying.
Plus there's been enough people buying through the amazon link on the Support page to keep our lights on.

Thank you to everyone!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: removing some ads
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 04:14:03 AM »
Glad to hear it, and thankyou.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Awesome! Thanks @troy ! Not to sound like a technological dumb ass but does this mean I can get rid of the Tapatalk app since we have the WKC app now?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 12:45:39 PM »
And does using the @ tag work with this app?

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 01:27:40 PM »
@Craig did it work?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »
Oh and thanks troy

Sent from my LGLS990 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 05:17:28 PM »
Cool, thanks. This reminds me I need do some funding here to the site.

CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »
revisiting this. I may have done some bad math....
I'm not putting back any ad that annoys me. Google is offering some beta content ad, i'm going to try that for a while.

feel free to chime in with what you think of the new ads.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »
Have you thought about doing paid subscriptions that would remove ads for those who are subscribers?  I would have no problem paying $3-$5 a month or so to help finance this site with or without ads.  Also, I order on Amazon a lot but always forget to go through the link on the Support WKC page.   If you could add a link to amazon that is under the banner and therefore on any page of the website I think it would generate a lot more revenue for you.

Another thought is adding a few stickers or something like that to anyone who donates directly through the paypal donate link and having a post somewhere acknowledging those who have donated that way.  If sending out stickers every time someone donates can be a bit hard to keep up with, you could ship them at the end of the month instead of on demand as well as update the post once a month with who contributed.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »
Have you thought about doing paid subscriptions that would remove ads for those who are subscribers?  I would have no problem paying $3-$5 a month or so to help finance this site with or without ads.  Also, I order on Amazon a lot but always forget to go through the link on the Support WKC page.   If you could add a link to amazon that is under the banner and therefore on any page of the website I think it would generate a lot more revenue for you.

Another thought is adding a few stickers or something like that to anyone who donates directly through the paypal donate link and having a post somewhere acknowledging those who have donated that way.  If sending out stickers every time someone donates can be a bit hard to keep up with, you could ship them at the end of the month instead of on demand as well as update the post once a month with who contributed.

Great ideas man! Thanks!
I explored the premium subscription thing a couple of years ago, but it never panned out. Maybe it's time to revisit.

The Amazon link is an easy one, I can totally make that happen.

The sticker idea seems easy too.

bcjustin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 02:57:07 AM »
If there is a way to create an in-app purchase to get rid of ads I think that would be awesome. I would gladly pay a few bucks to stop seeing the ads on the app.

22" One Touch Redhead

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 05:00:32 AM »
Or at least make the ads relevant. Utensils, spices, Weber accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »
The in-app ads are a little more difficult to customize. Let me see what I can do.