Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is this grill worth?  (Read 962 times)

ryno5000

• Smokey Joe
What is this grill worth?
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:39:47 AM »
My friend sent me a picture of this grill and wanted to know how old it is and if it has any value. I 've learned some here and can see that its a metal handle bowl so I'd guess its from the 70s but I really don't have a clue. Also is the original color black? Thank for any help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What is this grill worth?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 05:44:09 AM »
This is truly a subjective topic that comes up a lot. The question is how badly does your friend or you want it? Some old grills can get into the hundreds and thousands of dollars. Some are found at the curb for free. Is this asked from the buying or selling point of view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

ryno5000

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 05:48:26 AM »
I think he just know it's older and was wondering what it's worth. He says he doesn't want to sell it. I was really curious about it too.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:00:07 AM »
It was originally a black kettle from the mid 70's. Those wheels were on 22" grills from 73-75. Not sure if there is any timing difference on the 18s.

What's it worth... as Kettlebb said, it's subjective.  I'd say somewhere in the $20 range in the Baltimore market.

That being said, it's a cool grill and a great cooker.  Tell your friend to fire it up and have some fun!
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

ryno5000

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:20:44 AM »
It was originally a black kettle from the mid 70's. Those wheels were on 22" grills from 73-75. Not sure if there is any timing difference on the 18s.

What's it worth... as Kettlebb said, it's subjective.  I'd say somewhere in the $20 range in the Baltimore market.

That being said, it's a cool grill and a great cooker.  Tell your friend to fire it up and have some fun!
Thanks for the info!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:57:57 AM »

Nice 18" faded MBH. Yes, new the color would have been black. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"