Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: About to lose my performer virginity  (Read 4956 times)

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
Re: Re: About to lose my performer virginity
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »
Congrats Chris!  That performer was literally just down the road from me.  Don't be getting too comfortable pickin' kettles on my stomping grounds...  lol 
Scroll through this thread and see if you recognize anything.  :D  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/brick-red-performer-$150/

PS - I'm also a member of the Blue AA club.

Haha!  You won't have to worry about me going back there again....for now, anyways.  It took me 2.5 hours to get there with traffic and over an hour to get back.....not to mention about $15 bucks in tolls!  Don't get too comfy though, I'll be watching ;-)

Tonight I'm gonna break the performer in with some burgers from a brisket I ground up recently.  Looking forward to it.

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: About to lose my performer virginity
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
I now need a Performer :o  ;D  Nice pickup!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
I love that blue. Ya lucky dog! ;)
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 02:59:31 PM »
Another popped up today too...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/3714982928.html

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 03:55:03 PM »
Broke her in.  Nothing special.  Did a reverse sear on some ground up brisket burgers with a little mesquite.  This thing really is convenient.  I cook in my driveway usually and it super easy to pull everything out of the garage. 

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 06:40:18 PM »
Very cool, Chris!  I also see your lid fits in the lid bale just like mine does.  Kinda piss poor...
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 01:04:38 AM »
Very cool, Chris!  I also see your lid fits in the lid bale just like mine does.  Kinda piss poor...

Yeah, I expected it to fit more like a 90 degree angle or greater.  It really gets in the way....

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 08:55:38 AM »
While I've done nothing since posting this thread, check out the comments by G & Mark Schnell regarding our lid & holder.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-performer-clean-up/
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 10:43:37 AM »
While I've done nothing since posting this thread, check out the comments by G & Mark Schnell regarding our lid & holder.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-performer-clean-up/

i'll have to look at bending it.  i'm just scared to hurt my new baby. 

i actually noticed a little problem when i was done cooking on her last night.  when i was done cooking i close down the top and bottom vents, like i always do.  a few hours later i went back to cover the grill and put it back in my garage.  i then realized the grill was still pretty hot and the dome thermometer showed about 200.  when i close down the vents of my OTG the fire is out and the grill is cold in within an hour.  i played with the lover vent dampers and they seem much looser than they should be and i'm guess it's why the fire wasnt snuffed out as fast as i expected.  i may have to take them off and possibly put them back on better or tighter.

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »
Nice Performer.  I do the like the Blue.  Heeeeey  waaaaaaaaaaaait she is rolling down the driveway.

;D 
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

chriscw81

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »
Nice Performer.  I do the like the Blue.  Heeeeey  waaaaaaaaaaaait she is rolling down the driveway.

;D

I have nightmares of those kinds of scenarios.  Haha I make sure the wheels are locked!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »

i'll have to look at bending it.  i'm just scared to hurt my new baby. 

i actually noticed a little problem when i was done cooking on her last night.  when i was done cooking i close down the top and bottom vents, like i always do.  a few hours later i went back to cover the grill and put it back in my garage.  i then realized the grill was still pretty hot and the dome thermometer showed about 200.  when i close down the vents of my OTG the fire is out and the grill is cold in within an hour.  i played with the lover vent dampers and they seem much looser than they should be and i'm guess it's why the fire wasnt snuffed out as fast as i expected.  i may have to take them off and possibly put them back on better or tighter.

It's also possible the PO put them on in the wrong order. It shouldn't be too much effort to investigate and repair or replace them. Good luck!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791