Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18 transformer  (Read 3706 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: 18 transformer
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
Yeah, I'd be interested too.  I could send you a 22" as a template.  Give me a couple weeks and I should have a spare 18" to "loan"[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 07:23:15 PM »
Thanks. Yeah a template would be great. I actually have an original ash pan on my 22 so just the 18 and a 26 if anyone has one.

I ended up making a different ash pan for this transformer. The twist pan interfered with my bolts that hold the leg pieces together. I'm calling this done for the time being until my 1 touch comes on Thursday.  Definitely more function than form but this is my experimental kettle.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
18 transformer
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 08:07:23 PM »
If you guys share templates with those who are missing ash pans, anyone could make the simple cheater version. All that's required is to track down some scrap aluminum from a sheet metal or commercial roofing shop and tools required would be left cut tin snips, straight cut snips, small sheet metal screws or rivets. By making a slit, you create the bowl shape instead of presses or stamped like factory.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 03:26:01 AM »
Thanks for the info Hoosier. It's a great idea and much better than switching pans from kettle to kettle or nothing at all.
That twist style looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »
She's a cooker not a looker but I'm glad I saved it from the trash. My first cook on this or any 18. I can tell I'm going to like this size.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 09:52:15 AM »
I didn't think about this when I made the legs 7" long but it allows the lid to hang on it's hook. Only has a 1/4" clearance to the table though.