Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brisket Flat on the CB Stacker Rig  (Read 1963 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Brisket Flat on the CB Stacker Rig
« on: October 16, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »
One of the Albertson’s that’s on my normal route, started putting these Choice brisket flats out not too long ago. This seems like a really good value to me, so I said what the heck and brought one home.

I trimmed it up a bit and gave it the SPOG treatment. Here it is ready to go into the cooker.

Today, I used my Outrider, with a Cajun Bandit Stacker. Stubb’s briquettes and several good size chunks of hickory were loaded into the bowl.  :o  8)  ;D

I used my 16” pizza steel as the diffuser. I got this idea from @swamprb a while back (thanks man!) and have been using it since. After taking this pic, I put in a foil drip pan, filled with water. You can see the grease outline from my last cook on the steel.

I snapped this pic at the 4-hour mark and went shopping with my daughter for a couple hours.

We got home and the cooker was still holding a very steady temp. 225*-240* seems to be the sweet spot for low and slow on this thing. This is currently where I have my cookers set up. My red 78' MBH is hiding under cover on the right.  ;D

Using my Thermapen, it was probing tender all over and had an average internal temp of 199*. I pulled the brisket at the 7-hour mark and wrapped in foil.

After resting on the counter for an hour or so, I sliced a couple off to take a pic and have a sample. We actually had leftovers for dinner, from a birthday party last night. This will be tomorrow night’s dinner though!

As of right now, the Outrider, with Cajun Bandit Stacker, is my favorite cooker that I have to do cooks like this with. This set-up is extremely fuel efficient and easy to clean up.

Thanks for looking!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Brisket Flat on the CB Stacker Rig
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 03:37:34 AM »
Wow, that is a great price. They are like $6 a lb here.
Really like that grill area and prep table there.
Great job man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:38:07 AM »
Really good price on that brisket.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:44:36 AM »
I always buy my brisket at GFS. Kroger charges $6.99 per pound and you only get a flat. My last brisket at GFS was $2.49 per pound and it's the flat and point.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
I have the CB for my Jumbo Joe and your right they do make great Que! Good looking brisket.
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 06:39:14 AM »
Looks amazing!
I find the briskest at Walmart to be around $35 for the full packer, I think just under $3 a pound, choice also

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 06:49:49 AM »
Looks great!!!! love the grilling station, that 26er looks like a monster behind your 18.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
Nice cook!  Always wanted to try a brisket on my stacker.  Just waiting for a sale.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson