Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken in the rain...  (Read 1300 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Chicken in the rain...
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
As me and my li'l sous chef planned our strategy and got the chicken coated in Mad Hunky General Purpose rub, it started pouring down rain. "That's okay Emily, we have 4 hours until I have to lite the coals. We have a big patio umbrella over our area, so I am cooking in the rain." Emily says, "So am I!"  Gotta love this kiddo!

Here's our prep work, which had a rest in the fridge until it was time to cook:

Emily doing her best Vanna White impersonation...

We did it, despite the crappy weather!

Chix all done, cooked indirect around the Vortex using RO lump, kettle temp around 450. They got spritzed occasionally with a mix of dark rum, cranberry juice, and worchy...

Let's eat! Served up with fresh beets, a fresh greens salad with homemade vinaigrette, and some curly pasta...

Thanks for lookin'!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicken in the rain...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »
Looks real good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 01:05:04 PM »
Looks great! What's that green stuff?

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »
Chicken looks great man..................looks like a balanced meal too. Cherish the times with your girl.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
Looks like ya'll nailed it! Gotta love getting the kiddos involved with the cooks. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:54:24 PM »
My son is 1. The things I have to look forward to....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »

@Darko I think lawn clippings ;). Wow the kid did a great job! @hawgheaven Did Emily plate the food or is that your work? I know I do some lawn clippings from time to time depending on who's stopping over for some BBQ!
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 12:21:38 PM »

@Darko I think lawn clippings ;). Wow the kid did a great job! @hawgheaven Did Emily plate the food or is that your work? I know I do some lawn clippings from time to time depending on who's stopping over for some BBQ!
Thanks everyone! The greens are a mix of non-lawn clipping, bagged mixed greens found in the produce section of the supermarket. Emily assisted in the cook, but did not do the plate... that was me.  :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.