Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza On SSP Question  (Read 1648 times)

KenB

• Smokey Joe
Kettle Pizza On SSP Question
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:06:44 AM »
I just won an ebay auction for Deluxe Kettle Pizza at $112.  I am awaiting shipment but went online and looked at the KP instructions.  It say I need to remove the lid bale on the SSP.  Any comments on that
from the group?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Kettle Pizza On SSP Question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:10:06 AM »
I have not removed mine.  My rollers were already melted either from other hot cooks or the previous owner melted them.  I've since replaced mine with wooden roller from Brian and they have turned somewhat black where they meet the kettle.  I would suggest removing your rollers, but you can leave the lid bale.  Or just leave them on and if they melt you can replace them, I don't think they are very expensive.  I'd also note that you can't put your lid in the bale with the KP on the kettle, there isn't enough room.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
Also, if you go back in the pizza forum to the last 2 pages, there is a lot of good information there from when a bunch of us were getting our KP's and pizza cooks dialed in.  Looking forward to see your cooks and how long it takes for you to 1.) get your fire and temps dialed in  2.) become a pizza addict   Good luck!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:35:35 AM »
I left the rollers off, after I restored my SSP. If you are careful, you won't chip the porcelain on the lid, using the lid bale.

KenB

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »
Sounds like maybe I can have Zav make a couple of "shorty rollers" and get the best of both worlds.