Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Brisket Pizza (lot of pics)  (Read 1223 times)

Yendor

• WKC Brave
BBQ Brisket Pizza (lot of pics)
« on: August 27, 2016, 08:02:52 AM »
We tried to make pizza last Friday but got rained out, so we took advantage of yesterday's good weather and fired up the Propane Pizzaque Portable. We had some left over brisket from the previous weekend and I had an idea to use it for some pizza.

First I started with a lovely beer, because all great things start with beer.

We used this frozen pizza dough, we only had the chance to let it rise once that day. Typically we let it rise then into the fridge overnight and let it rise again to get super silky and manageable. It's pretty good stuff.

I like to roll my dough using a rolling dowel, I'm not a fan of rolling pins with handles.

We kept it simple on the ingredients. Diced Brisket, jalapenos (home grown), fresh mozzarella, and some cilantro as a garnish along with some Legendary Mr. B's Hot BBQ sauce.

Yes, it is on a screen and that is how it will cook, no mess from semolina or corn meal to deal with.

It takes about 15 minutes to get this thing up to temp and ready for a pie. While it is convenient and has a way to add wood pellets for smokiness, it is not ideal, although it makes a great crust.

Out of the pizza oven and ready to be cut. Garnished with some cilantro.

A crispy crust while on a screen? Impossible you say? I beg to differ!

The jalapenos were hot, like really hot, but delicious. The pies were everything I wanted them to be. I can't wait to do it again.

Thesnow321

• Smokey Joe
Re: BBQ Brisket Pizza (lot of pics)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 01:02:20 PM »
Pizza lover and maker..been doing it in my gas oven stove for a very very long time...but been reading this forum getting many idea's and thank you.. I've been charcoaling for 18 years and tried once with my weber kettle making pizza and was unsuccessful ..pizza was to smokey. Will be trying again and will buy a pizza kettle for next summer. But for now i will use my BBQ gas grill to experiment...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk