Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just a fatty...  (Read 1343 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Just a fatty...
« on: August 25, 2016, 03:57:27 AM »
I love fatties and try to keep them on hand most of the time.

Breakfast fatty...

Eggs, cheese, onions, peppers, and bacon inside...

sliced up for grab & go breakfasts!

G19

• WKC Brave
Re: Just a fatty...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 05:12:02 AM »
I would like to see how you rolled that as there is a lot of goodness inside. 

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 06:01:23 AM »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:22:06 AM »
Holy cow.  You are showing us up big time!  This looks great.  When I've made fattys in the past I've thought they were a little to meaty.  Yours looks like the perfect amount of sausage.  Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
That is the best looking fatty I've seen. I've yet to attempt one, but this looks awesome! Thanks for the link!

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hrGu380N2jcXZFSHRtWGFuXzA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks Bubblhead.  I have been using that gallon method for 3 years or so now and love it but don't seem to get the center stuffed as much I guess.  Tell me about the mesh.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 05:19:48 PM »
I bought the mesh a year ago for another project that never happened.  I was trying to think of a way to keep my fatties from sagging during cooking and remembered it was in the pantry.  I don't have the "horn" to slide food into it so I put the fatty in the freezer for an hour or so to firm up.  Meanwhile I cut a length of the mesh and rolled it back.  Once firm, I was rolling the mesh over it when my wife walked in and started questioning me.  I'll admit, it probably looked like something from sex ed in high school but it sure worked good!

BariB523

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 04:24:03 AM »
I've never done one but I'm definitely inspired to try it now. That looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »
I've never done one but I'm definitely inspired to try it now. That looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Definitely give it a try.  The combinations of stuffing and ground pork are limitless so whatever combinations you like are possible.  We like ground italian sausage rolled with grilled onions and peppers and mozzarella cheese.  Another favorite is plain breakfast sausage rolled with sliced provolone cheese, fresh spinach, some sliced red onion and mushrooms.  When I saw think outside the box on day I rolled up a Reuben sandwich filler inside and it was great.  Roll a pizza even.  Hope you like it.