Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Made me a nice trade today!  (Read 2108 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Made me a nice trade today!
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:26 PM »
So, a little back story to start with, a month ago I was headed up to buy a BBQ from @Shaun, @dazzo found out and asked me to bring up a Santa Maria attachment. The guy who builds them lives in my town. Sure I said, I went to pick up the SM and got to talkin to Jr. and he mentions he'd like to get a performer. I told I had 2 and maybe we could work something out...Well, you guessed it, I now have a SM attachment that I traded straight across for my black SSP. Cant wait to get some tri tip on this bad boy and see how it do! But it won't be saturday because I'm headed up to see @Cellar2full to pick up the Green MT he picked up for me, The guys here are GREAT!!  Thank you everyone (for being the enablers that you are)...LOL

Untitled by Darin McMaster, on Flickr
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
Re: Made me a nice trade today!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 07:35:42 PM »
Sounds like a good deal for all.

That's a serious ash bucket you have there!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »
@Harleysmoker , It certainly was!  my ash bucket, yeah, I was making alot of ash when I first got back into charcoal and that ash pan was irritating, lol.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »
Sweet!

You're welcome   [emoji6]
Dude, relax your chicken.

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »
Sweet deal!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »
And I just did some ribs on mine this evening.

My son commented about it being for tri tip, but he didn't complain since the ribs came out great.
Dude, relax your chicken.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 08:34:14 PM »
And I just did some ribs on mine this evening.

My son commented about it being for tri tip, but he didn't complain since the ribs came out great.

Funny how people always have snarky things to say about our "GEAR" but never seem to say no thanks when the food comes off...LOL

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 11:56:58 PM »
To that's the drop dead attatchment for a Kettle (IMO).  I use mine all the time.  Tri Tip takes about an hour if you don't rush it.  Nice trade, JR is a solid guy.  Congrats.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »
@Shaun , *stable*, Thanks, its only going to get bigger, LOL... And sure, I'll drop off the 26 as long as the tri tip YOU cook on it is done when I come back through to eat AND PICK IT UP!..LOL

@fedex , I did burgers tonight to get it broke in, scored some PRIME tri tip this evening that I'm going to throw on it friday.