Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What to do Oh what to do  (Read 1892 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
What to do Oh what to do
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:36 AM »
Well all I had a very interesting past few weeks. Left the job I have had for the last 7 years and took a job doing the same thing as I was doing (Fixing printers, Line, Laser, Label, and such) but only working out of one building instead of driving 200 plus miles a day. Then another partner broke away from the company after 15 years and is now offering me a partnership 50/50 with $0 money invested to me.

What to do? Oh what to do????

I know go up north and forget about everything for 2 days. That’s what I will do!

I went up on Friday morning and my wife was up Saturday. We went over to my uncle and aunt's house and I did some fishing. Caught a huge one but it got away! ::) While I was there a friend of my uncle and aunt's stopped by and brought me 2 venison steaks a some venison stew meat also a little Weber grill as a thank you for a grill I got for them a black OTP. Kettle karma  ;)

We stayed for about 3 hours or so and then drove into Wisconsin Dells to drop-off some rubs for a buddy of mine whose mom lives there. Gave him some small containers of ((John Henry’s) “Hot Wing Rub and Honey Rib Rub”, (Kosmos) “Dirty Bird Rub”, (Dizzy Pig) “Swamp Venom Rub”) Hope he likes them I know I do.

Now time for ME! ;D Went back the house and started the grill then I did a Beer Can Chicken, Baked potato, Green Beans, and Smoked Cashews.  Very happy how it turned out sprayed with Apple Beer and Apple Juice mixture seasoned with Weber Beer Can Seasoning and stuffed an onion on the inside to help create some steam. We had some Cashews we got from someone that had no salt on them so to add some flavor smoked with some Cajun Seasoning and hickory chips.

Sunday Dee took the chicken we had left made some chicken salad and packed a picnic basket and we went on a little picnic at Friendship Park. Where I took my Crimson Red Smokey Joe “Seekin Sanity” named after the house for a photo shoot. This the wife almost said something but she just sighed and said "I thought you may bring that with". THAT ? THAT my dear wife is a CRIMSON RED Weber Smokey Joe and if she can't come with then I DON'T GO! (Is what I was thinking ::)) but if 20 years together has taught me anything is that a sigh is not a no so into the car she went. And me with a smile on my face sat in the front seat with my grill! We had a great time 20 years together and the first picnic we have ever been on. Took a lot of pictures I posted just a few but great time next time I grilling at the park!

Little Weber

The One That Got Away

Rubs for Phil

The Lineup

Beer Can Chicken

Shadow not liking that its not done yet!

The Crimson Red Smokey Joe Loving Named "Seekin Sanity" 

Now Sunday the picnic at Friendship Park

Well now Monday back to reality :-\ and still not sure what to do about work… Take the Job I know I have or go into business with my friend whom over the years we have worked great together at many places and take a gamble? The last two big gambles I took worked out great. My Wife, Son ;D

What to do? What to do????

I know I’ll go back up north and forget about everything for 2 days. That’s what I will do again! 8) AND this time I catch the one that got away!!!

Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: What to do Oh what to do
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 07:03:38 AM »
Looks like a great get away! Best of luck to you in your future decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:12:57 AM »
Nice getaway. I've done more job changing the past few years than I'd ever thought I would do. I'm changing yet again. Hopefully for the last time. For what it's worth go with your gut instinct. If it doesn't feel right then don't make the move. Both of my moves didn't feel right and I realized that now. I'm going back to my old job from almost 3 years ago. I shouldn't have left but you know what they say about hindsight. Good luck to you @Shoestringshop.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »
Get away for a few days, relax. Trust your gut. It'll steer you right.

Sent from my HTC One using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 05:41:13 PM »
Looks like a great get away! Best of luck to you in your future decisions!

@Travis Thank you I am on the edge of making my mind up. We will se what happens, I will do like my dad taught me son "Pray for the best plan for the worst".

Nice getaway. I've done more job changing the past few years than I'd ever thought I would do. I'm changing yet again. Hopefully for the last time. For what it's worth go with your gut instinct. If it doesn't feel right then don't make the move. Both of my moves didn't feel right and I realized that now. I'm going back to my old job from almost 3 years ago. I shouldn't have left but you know what they say about hindsight. Good luck to you @Shoestringshop.

@kettlebb My guts feel right! Like I told @Travis "on the edge of making my mind up" We will see what the future holds for me and mine.

And to you! A modified traditional Irish toast to you and yours

Here’s to you and yours,
And to me and mine,
And if ever you and yours,
Should ever grill with me and mine,
I hope that you and yours,
Will enjoy grilling with me and mine,
As much as me and mine would enjoy grilling,
with you and yours!

Shoestringshop

Get away for a few days, relax. Trust your gut. It'll steer you right.

@Darko Thanks I will trust the gut! it has not done me wrong in 25, 24, 23, 22, 21, years but yes 21 years of a gut feeling is not to bad!!!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 07:49:55 PM »
@Shoestringshop , did you season the worm at all, or just put him on the grill in the sun for a low and slow...LOL  Best of luck in your decision!!  It's always scary!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 04:41:32 AM »
@varekai LMAO I was thinking the same thing when I saw it on the grill!