Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: KettlePizza vent positions  (Read 1840 times)

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
KettlePizza vent positions
« on: August 15, 2016, 04:13:42 AM »
Folks,

Just bought a KettlePizza attachment for my 22.5 OTG and been wanting to use it with home made dough. What are the recommended vent positions on the kettle? Instructions say "For most cooking applications, we recommend keeping the top vent closed and the bottom vent slightly open. Feel free to experiment with the vents depending on the exact fuel combination you may be using." Do you follow this or leave the bottom vent fully open and top vent closed? Any tips on using this accessory correctly are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Re: KettlePizza vent positions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:02:41 AM »
I keep the bottom vent wide open and the top lid vent completely closed.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:49:21 AM »
Bottom wide open, top closed all the way.  If you forget to close your top vent you will melt the handle on it!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 06:20:56 AM »
Sometimes bottom and top wide open, and sometimes bottom closed and top wide open. I always leave the top open.