Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Pizza cook...  (Read 4667 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
First Pizza cook...
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:54:11 PM »
I've had a PizzaQue for 6+ months, and this nice looking yellow 22 for 4+ months. Neither have been put to use… until tonight.

Test fit… yep, all snug. Looking good.

Slight color change… she's warming up...

Went with pre-made, whole grain, ultra-thin, mini crust…

Choice of toppings were bacon, chicken, cheese, red/yellow peppers, onions, spinach, broccoli, and… grapes ???

Grill ready?

Yep.

First pie in. Went with a basic cheese & bacon, since this was my first attempt…

Not too shabby for a rookie…

I was struggling to get the pizzas back onto the peel, so this wicked looking tongs assisted. First time I've ever needed to use it...

A few more pics….

Overall, pizza night was a blast! It was very tasty, and we all had fun building and cooking the pies. Can't wait to do it again!

***disclaimer - The yellow kettle will (probably) be not be used as a pizza kettle again, in the interest of preventing crazing….  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:57:45 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Re: First Pizza cook...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 02:57:52 AM »
Good looking pies!  How do those pre-made crusts taste?  I've always seen them, but never tried one.  LOVE that kettle.  The color changes on those things as they heat up never fails to put a smile on my face.

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:10:21 AM »
Those look fantastic for a "rookie!" I bet the kids had a blast.

You should try homemade dough next time - I posted a really simple thin crust recipe that doesn't have to raise for hours. I make it just before I start the charcoal and it's ready to go when the grill is ready.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 05:47:08 AM »
How do those pre-made crusts taste?  I've always seen them, but never tried one.

I would get them again. Nothing too special about them, but absolutely no complaints, whatsoever.

LOVE that kettle.  The color changes on those things as they heat up never fails to put a smile on my face.

Yep... that's one of the reasons that I was compelled to do the pizza cook on her. I knew that I was going to get it screaming hot...  8)
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:32:28 PM »
Always fun to see a yellow all hot and bothered 8) Pies look great too Bob - nice cook!

Ps - will get those swing table parts out in the next few days.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:55:54 PM »
Looks tasty.  Good job!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 07:22:49 AM »
I have a really good Imo's style crust recipe you should try.  And we should combine forces and have one pizza night to rule.

That yellow kettle rocks!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »
Man that color change! Nice looking pies as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:38 PM »
I have a really good Imo's style crust recipe you should try.  And we should combine forces and have one pizza night to rule.

That yellow kettle rocks!

Share, please! - the wife and I are talking about getting some Imo's provel for our next pizza cook.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
Great first pizza cook @Bob BQ!  You will probably have a bad one or two along the line but you'll get it dialed in and it will be a blast along the way.  Looking forward to see some more pies from you.  That color change is bad ass!  My performer goes from bright red to a really deep maroon when I'm doing pizzas.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 06:04:22 AM »
Nice! Now step it up and use some homemade dough. It makes all the difference.