Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Saturday afternoons pizza  (Read 2710 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Saturday afternoons pizza
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
This was my saturday afternoon pie, fired up the grill, assembled my pizza, as well as i could..LOL.. and let her rip. Not purdy, but oh so edible!!!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/varekai/albums/72157672013550406
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Saturday afternoons pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 03:04:48 PM »
@Shaun , you didn't finish reading the sentence. the "edible" means they aint none left!!...LOL  But thanks.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »
LOL, Hell, i'll light it back up!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »
Looks good.  I have a really hard time making round pizzas but am getting better at it!  I think it really has to do with your dough being "relaxed" which I am still trying to dial in.  I haven't had anyone complain about the shape though since they always come out so good.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:56 AM »
The recipe I use says if the dough keeps pulling back to let it rest for five minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

smokster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 04:56:32 PM »
I am currently using the TJs dough as well.
After I remove it from the bag, I divide it in half then form 2 balls.
Let them rest 2 hours covered at room temp.
Stretch by hand and go.

I understand that in some areas, TJs dough is better that others.
My plan is to make my own when I get more time, but for now I get no complaints.

Cheers

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »
@smokster , After looking at some other pizzas in other threads I think I just needed to let it rest longer, although i thought i did.. But out of the bag it was "wet", I did divide it but probably not "rest" quite right.  Thanks for the input also @MikeRocksTheRed and @haeffb , I will keep it in the "files".

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 07:54:05 PM »
@varekai - you're welcome.  Unlike a lot of other grilling topics I feel like there is always something new to learn with pizza, whether it's getting the fire setup right or getting the dough or sauce dialed in.  And I'm not sure you can ever actually dial in dough 100%.  I'm on a pizza forum where I just lurk but it's amazing to see some of these people talk about how a slight change in humidity changes how many ounces (in weight) of one ingredient or another they will increase and decrease.  It's one of those things where the people eating your pizzas never notice the flaws you find in your own dough/crust since they think it's the bees knees but you are hyper critical and never quite satisfied. 

I will say that I'm happy I can whip up dough in 10 minutes plus a few hours of rising time without having to run to the store or let a store bought dough ball thaw out for a day and a half.  My home made dough is always pretty dern good, but like most things we do can always be a little bit better.  It's what keeps us going I think. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed , I do some baking at home and yes, I weigh all my ingredients, it's the only to achieve any level of consistency. But yes, the "getting there" is the fun... The final product is just the icing, or food for the garbage until the next time! I don't ever want to stop learning... and all you guys on here just keep adding to the "assignments". Thanks.