Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PizzaQue vs KettlePizza  (Read 45773 times)

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
Re: PizzaQue vs KettlePizza
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »
How did they turn out @hoosierKettle ? I am a pizzaque guy to, and have had nothing but successful cooks. Sure the kettle pizza is made of higher quality but the Pizzaque does a great job expecially for the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »

How did they turn out @hoosierKettle ? I am a pizzaque guy to, and have had nothing but successful cooks. Sure the kettle pizza is made of higher quality but the Pizzaque does a great job expecially for the money.

Holy crap, that thing was $50 worth of fun in just one use. I assembled it today and my wife had something to do tonight and a friend of mine's wife was out of town. It was the perfect storm of pizza and beer. I went to his house and used his weber. We did 2 frozen pizzas and 2 fresh pizzas made by a grocery deli. They all turned out great and I'm glad I started off the easy way with pre made pizzas for the first cook. It was instant success. I will make my own pizzas next time but wanted to get a feel for the cooking aspect first. I didn't get many pics after we started cooking. It was a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2017, 07:46:01 PM »
Glad it went well! It is a lot of fun, and it gives you another reason to fire up the grill!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »
Does the PizzaQue work with the Weber Jumbo Joe? (18.5") Looking to get more use out of that grill and this would be perfect...

@pschiller86 - yes, you can use the PQ on the JJ......... http://www.pizzaque.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pizza-kit-manual.pdf
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2017, 07:32:02 AM »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
Try looking at Walmart for the Kettle Pizza on clearance.  I bought my KP last fall for $79 on clearance.  Today I was at a different Walmart and they had two Kettle Pizza Deluxe's for $40 each on clearance.  I bought both of them in case I need spare parts in the future.

Wayne

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
PizzaQue vs KettlePizza
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
I have a buddy that just got the kettle pizza. I have the pq. I checked the kp out and really like how it looks and how it fits to bowl and lid but one thing that I like much better about pq is that the food grate is not used and you can refill coal or wood as needed during the cook by simply removing the lid. I assume that's why the kp has the handle to remove the whole thing and add but that seems much more inconvenient. Not to mention that your torching your food grate unnecessarily. Maybe I'm missing something. Other than that I like the fit and look of kp better but would prefer pq for the easy refill and not needing the food grate while cooking pizza.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:24:01 PM by HoosierKettle »

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »
I almost bought the PQ but originally found the KP for just slightly more than the PQ so I got it instead.  I'm not too concerned about my food grate as the one I'm using is the cheaper non-hinge grate.  The KP is high quality but since I've only seen the PQ in the box, I can't really compare the two on quality.

If I find a PQ for a good price, I may buy it to see what the differences are in cooking Pizza's with both.

Wayne
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:58:24 PM by 70monte »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
PizzaQue vs KettlePizza
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »
I almost bought the PQ but originally found the KP for just slightly more than the PQ so I got it instead.  I'm not too concerned about my food grate as the one I'm using is the cheaper non-hinge grate.  The KP is high quality but since I've only seen the PQ in the box, I can't really compare the two on quality.

If I find a PQ for a good price, I may buy it to see what the differences are in cooking Pizza's with both.

Wayne

I've got a few regular grates so your right, that's not a big deal. I was there when he put it together and the kp is very nice quality and much easier to assemble. Overall quality and fit, I would say kp wins. I like how the pq is open and fuel can be added easily but I'm not crazy about how the lid fits on the unit. It seems like it could get bumped off easily. The pq comes with several tiny nuts and bolts that are a little tricky with fat fingers when assembling.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Use a flip up grate but put it in upside down.  Adding fuel is easy then.

BlueKettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2017, 05:58:49 PM »
So glad someone made this thread. I haven't used the Kettle Pizza but I've got the Pizza Que and find it to do a pretty darn nice job. Just one thing, I stopped using the stone that came with it after one of my pies burnt on the bottom and another stuck to it when I was sliding it in. Switched to a cast iron pizza pan I bought off Amazon. Much easier even if it isn't quite as authentic tasting.

carlitoa

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2020, 05:10:06 AM »
What's a good price for the KettlePizza Deluxe? I've seen the incredible prices in this thread (admittedly from several years ago) and $230 on kettlepizza.com which is actually a link to Amazon. Also, I thought I saw around $500 mentioned in a video or thread somewhere. Prices seem to be all over.

While looking I found it for $200 at https://www.crateandbarrel.com/kettlepizza-deluxe-usa-outdoor-pizza-oven-kit/s118228 which seems like a good price.

Thoughts?

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »
It really depends on how fancy you want to go with Kettle Pizza's kits.  I knew i wanted the whole outfit, but their all inclusive package wasn't available at the time.  The way I got the best deal is I price shopped around and found that Ace Hardware had the best price after I used one of their $X off coupons.  I then used a coupon code with bbqguys.com to get $10 or $15 my first order for the tombstone baking stone grate.  The baking steel was the only item I paid full price for.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Retired@55

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2020, 06:05:53 AM »
For anyone considering options, check out the OnlyFire. Incredibly well-built from heavy stainless steel. Great low ceiling design keeps heat on top of the pizza to ensure that the top cooks evenly with the crust. For $150, you get a complete oven kit - no add-ons required.