Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PizzaQue vs KettlePizza  (Read 45777 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: PizzaQue vs KettlePizza
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 08:06:37 AM »
I picked up a Kettlepizza deluxe at my local Walmart (Independence, MO) yesterday for $25.00. It was a display but was complete.

Holy shnikes, @Maxmbob ! That's awesome! Was it on clearance, or something??
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 08:27:29 AM »
I will add that if you really like good (as in gourmet, not dominos, papa johns, pizza hut, etc..) pizza, the cost might seem a little much at first but when you have a group over that would normally order several pizzas at a good wood fired pizza joint these attachments pay for themselves pretty quick.  I have gone from cooking 2-3 pies per cook to 6 per cook and they all get eaten.  The dough costs nothing and toppings for a few more pizzas might cost $5.  If I figure a "gourmet" pizza out cost $15-$23, and I am making 6 of them at a time...one or two cooks pay for the accessory.  I've probably made $500 worth of pizzas in the last 6-7 months and my out of pocket cost was probably $225-$250 including the cost of the Kettle Pizza, pizza ingredients and fuel.  The next time I do a cook I'll see if I can figure out my average cost per pie for the ingredients and fuel.  I'm guessing it will come in somewhere between $2.75-$3.50 per pie.   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:51:58 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 08:32:16 AM »
Good point Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 11:54:08 AM »
I will add that if you really like good (not dominos, papa johns, pizza hut, etc..) pizza, the cost might seem a little much at first but when you have a group over that would normally order several pizzas at a good wood fired pizza joint these attachments pay for themselves pretty quick.  I have gone from cooking 2-3 pies per cook to 6 per cook and they all get eaten.  The dough costs nothing and toppings for a few more pizzas might cost $5.  If I figure a "gourmet" pizza out cost $15-$23, and I am making 6 of them at a time...one or two cooks pay for the accessory.  I've probably made $500 worth of pizzas in the last 6-7 months and my out of pocket cost was probably $225-$250 including the cost of the Kettle Pizza, pizza ingredients and fuel.  The next time I do a cook I'll see if I can figure out my average cost per pie for the ingredients and fuel.  I'm guessing it will come in somewhere between $2.75-$3.50 per pie.   
This!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
I picked up a Kettlepizza deluxe at my local Walmart (Independence, MO) yesterday for $25.00. It was a display but was complete.

[/quote
@Bob BQ the marked clearance price was $68.00.  I noticed that  they had 9 on the shelf. So l asked to talk to a manager.  I chatted with her for a bit and mentioned that a friend had just bought  one on clearance from a Walmart for $25.00.  She said she had a display model she would sell for that price and I accepted.

I'll  keep an eye on them for the few weeks.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 04:03:26 AM »

@Bob BQ
the marked clearance price was $68.00.  I noticed that  they had 9 on the shelf. So l asked to talk to a manager.  I chatted with her for a bit and mentioned that a friend had just bought  one on clearance from a Walmart for $25.00.  She said she had a display model she would sell for that price and I accepted.

I'll  keep an eye on them for the few weeks.

That's a steal even at $68! Very nice!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 04:31:21 AM »

Wow great deal, I might have to check my local stores.   I was thinking the PizzaQue for the cost especially with the veterans 10% discount but $25 is great.

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »

I visited two local stores today.  One had a display KettlePizza out in pieces but still wanted the $169 for it. 

EucTruck

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 06:12:09 AM »
I'm a HUGE fan of the KettlePizza. the nice part is you can adjust your set up to your skill level. Originally i just wrapped my grate in foil and put it on top to keep heat down near the stone, but upgraded to the baking steel. have the tombstone so i can keep adding fuel. My personal best is 11 pizzas in one fire. Price-wise i know it can be steep, but considering the quality and the amount of use i get out of it, well worth it.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2016, 07:40:44 PM »
I just picked up a Kettle Pizza deluxe at one of the local Walmarts for $79 on clearance.  They had like six of them on the shelf.

Wayne

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »
I just picked up a Kettle Pizza deluxe at one of the local Walmarts for $79 on clearance.  They had like six of them on the shelf.

Wayne
Where is that wallyworld??
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

NewGuy16

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 07:04:39 AM »
I wish my local Walmart had them in stock let alone for that price. 

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 06:35:30 PM »

Wayne

It was one of the stores in Springfield, MO.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »
You folks and your sales make me insanely jealous!  Wal-mart in Canada is a totally different animal altogether.  No Weber products at all at any price - just junk, junk and more junk.
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »

Wayne

It was one of the stores in Springfield, MO.

Don't hesitate to ask a department manager for an additional discount on clearance items at Walmart. It worked for me.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,