Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PizzaQue vs KettlePizza  (Read 45776 times)

Rhaugle

• Happy Cooker
PizzaQue vs KettlePizza
« on: August 04, 2016, 11:48:20 AM »
Just curious what people think about these 2 options. I will be getting one, and dont mind the price tag of the KettlePizza if it is superior.
Thanks!
Copper Performer

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: PizzaQue vs KettlePizza
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »
I'm interested in this thread also.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Rhaugle

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »
Anyone?
Copper Performer

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 09:11:11 PM »
I love ourpizzaque, we have had great luck with it and the pizza we have produced far exceeds any takeout we can get around here. Here are a few pics, I actually plan on some more pizza Sunday so maybe I will post more pictures after the next round. All I can say is if you are on the fence you might as well pull the trigger, it is a great excuse to get outside and use your kettle!

And one were the weber thermometer actually wrapped all the way around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thesnow321

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 02:47:32 AM »
Nice!...what type of charcoal did you use?...i tried in the past found the pizza to smoked

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 05:23:08 AM »
I used plain old KBB. Basically one full chimney of well lit with another chimney of unlit poured on top. I added a couple apple chucks when I needed some more heat but only need a couple to really get things going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rhaugle

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 07:17:02 AM »
I'm more on the fence of which kit to get.. I know I will be  getting one or the other.
Copper Performer

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 09:02:56 AM »
Here is my take on this question.  I have a Kettle Pizza and have never seen a PizzaQue in person.

If you really like pizza and think you will be doing cooks where you are doing more than one or two pizzas at a time, then I would go with the Kettle Pizza.  It is more expensive, but it has more options for add-on accessories if you really get into cooking pizzas.  You can add accessories one by one as you get more into making pizzas.  You can add the baking steel which allows you add coal/wood easily when you are cooking more than a few pizzas in one cook, the tombstone which is a really high quality stone from what I can tell and also allows you to easily add coal/wood during your cooks, and my favorite add-on is the extension plate so that you can use your KettlePizza on a 26er if you wanted to.  I have a 26er and have not gotten this attachment yet, but for $29.95 I'm sure I'll have it sooner than later.  With the right stone on a 26er I see no reason you can't do two smaller pizzas at once.

If you think you are only going to be cooking a pizza or two here and there, I see know reason not to go with the PIzzaQue.  It has good reviews and seems to work great.

One other difference I just noticed in looking at both options is the width of the opening.  The PizzaQue is 15.5" and the Kettle Pizza is 17.  Since I don't have the PizzaQue I am not sure if the narrower opening would bother me or not in comparison to the KettlePizza.  Initially I was thinking about having enough room for maneuvering pizzas in and out and while they are cooking, but I'm also now wondering if the larger or smaller opening affects heat, fresh airflow, and fuel burn rate.  I'm thinking the smaller opening in the PQ might inhibit the airflow needed to get the high temps and flames you are looking for, but at the same time, the smaller opening might help retain more heat so it might even out in the end.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 09:05:40 AM »
In my opinion the Pizzaque is a far better value and I personally don't know what the Kettle Pizza can do the the Pizzaque cannot. I do however understand supporting a company that designs and manufactures their products is the US but when I was shopping for something I could not justify the additional costs. Either way you go I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »
The PizzaQue is $69 with free shipping from Home Despot!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/PizzaQue-Pizza-Kit-for-Kettle-Grills-PC7001/205581858

I was poking around the store and there was one on display and an open box so I checked it out and was pretty surprised at its quality, the expanded metal for the baskets was thin, but thats not an issue for me. It was priced higher than the online link.

Having played around with both my DIY KettlePizza ring and faux Baking Steel lid mod and the @varekai inspired dual lid with cutout, which both work great I might add - I would be inclined to drop the $ on the PQ over the KP. I don't buy into any of the KP "add ons or accessories" other than maybe the Tombstone, but hey thats just me. My buddy loves his KP as do many here.

Either one would be an excellent addition to any kettle.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 06:55:46 AM »
Home Depot in St. Louis had the PizzaQue yellow tagged for $56.00 a day ago.

One thing I do not like about the KettlePizza is adding fuel to the fire.  I think I'll cut the handles off a hinged grate so I can easily add wood or more coal if needed.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »
@blksabbath , I've got a PizzaQue that I have yet to use... we might need to get together and do a side-by-side KP vs PQ cookoff...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 08:24:12 PM »
I feel like I redeemed my self this last Saturday. Here are a couple pictures of the pizzas we were able to turn out for my mother in laws birthday party. My lovely wife prepped them as I cooked them, we had a regular assembly line going. Pictures don't to them justice, I need to practice my picture taking skills so I can accurately convey the deliciousness of the food that theses webers can prepare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »
I don't buy into any of the KP "add ons or accessories" other than maybe the Tombstone, but hey thats just me. My buddy loves his KP as do many here.

Either one would be an excellent addition to any kettle.

Is this because you have the tools and talent to simply make your own? Or do you not believe they serve a purpose?

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 07:33:45 AM »
I picked up a Kettlepizza deluxe at my local Walmart (Independence, MO) yesterday for $25.00. It was a display but was complete. 
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,