Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ~Pizza Reads - got a favorite??~  (Read 1984 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
~Pizza Reads - got a favorite??~
« on: August 03, 2016, 12:22:45 PM »
I'm thumbing through a copy of "Grilled Pizza The Right Way" by John Delpha. Found it at HPB.

Has some great recipes and he's basically grilling on a Weber kettle grate - nothing fancy. Its got me drooling!

I was struck by the fact that he runs in the NEBS BBQ crowd and cooked with Chris Hart and Andy Husbands in I Que and Wicked Good Barbecue. Lots of pics, easy to understand and no over the top ingredients.

Anyone have any good pizza reads??
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: ~Pizza Reads - got a favorite??~
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »
This has nothing about cooking on the grill but this is about Frank Mastro who's the inventor of the NY Pizza. http://digital.pmq.com/pmqmag/august_2016?sub_id=xPZ7vtC8kzU4&folio=40&pg=46#pg46

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 06:30:19 PM »
hopefully troy and the powers that be will forgive me for posting this, but if you have the time and inclination, the folks at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/ know a thing or thousand about making pizza. I'm a member there(though i've yet to cook a pizza) and I will offer this advice.......if you're just casually interested in pizza and are only looking to do better than a frozen red baron, don't go there, the posts here will get you where you want to be. however, if you're looking to get as deep and nerdy as you can into pizza making(ie-foreign sourcing ingredients, being able to adjust your recipes by the smallest of fractions/percentages to have the end dough result be textbook neapolitan/brooklyn/new york...etc) then this is likely one of the places to visit
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:36:58 AM »
hopefully troy and the powers that be will forgive me for posting this, but if you have the time and inclination, the folks at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/ know a thing or thousand about making pizza. I'm a member there(though i've yet to cook a pizza) and I will offer this advice.......if you're just casually interested in pizza and are only looking to do better than a frozen red baron, don't go there, the posts here will get you where you want to be. however, if you're looking to get as deep and nerdy as you can into pizza making(ie-foreign sourcing ingredients, being able to adjust your recipes by the smallest of fractions/percentages to have the end dough result be textbook neapolitan/brooklyn/new york...etc) then this is likely one of the places to visit

I'm a member there too. That's why I'm always tweeking and changing up my pizza doughs and fire management techniques.  8)

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
I'm also on the pizzamaking.com.

I don't have any dedicated books, but about 6-7 years of Saveur magazine which has a ton of really good articles on making pizza.

shelterit

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 09:43:31 AM »
I'm a member of pizzamaking.com as well. 

My favorite pizza book is American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza by Peter Reinhart. Great stories and history of Pizza plus some good starting off recipes.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 08:04:12 AM »
I'm on pizzamaking.com as well.  The problem there is that at least to me there is way to much information!  LOL.  I think that is where my friend Dennis got his 3 day rise dough recipe.  It's really good but I don't have the space in my fridge to put dough in there for 3 days.  He has tried my Bobby Flay dough and thought it was just as good, so I am sticking with dough I can make a few hours before making pizzas!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!