Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Club App  (Read 3129 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Weber Kettle Club App
« on: July 27, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »
I have the app but don't think I have tried posting pics yet.  It seems when viewing a lot of posts with pics that were posted via the WKC App have really small pictures.  Is it the same as tap a talk and people are just selecting the smallest size, or is there no option for bigger pics?  With tap a talk I usually select the medium picture size option.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Weber Kettle Club App
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:27:14 AM »
do you have example?

if you use the WKC app, it uploads the image and everything is the same size (there are no size options)(at least on android)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Weber Kettle Club App
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
Using an I phone and using the wkc mobile app and  posting pics it gives you 3 size options. Small, medium and best. It says what the size is, but I don't know off hand what they are. I used the "best" and have noticed that the pics are really small as well.

I think when I noticed it I actually got on the wkc site and they were totally different then how they appeared on the mobile app.

When I was using tap a talk, if you used the "best" or largest pic option, it was too large for the site pic frame and you'd have to scroll sideways to see the whole picture.

Of course, on their own individual sites they look perfect. It's only when on the wkc site that you can tell a difference.

Again that's with an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:06:10 PM by Travis »

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »
I do all my picture loading and correspondence on WKC from a desktop.  I have experienced the same thing that @Travis describes.  When using the WKC Pics sight, my posted photos are usually smaller than when I post with photobucket.  When I choose the larger or URL option on WKC Pics, the photo is too large as Travis describes. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 09:34:47 PM »
I think travis is referring to the WKC mobile app (and tapatalk on mobile)

Apparently the iphone app is slightly different than the android app...
Will be looking into this, as well as the pics.wkc issue

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
yeah, it sounds like on Droids you don't get to select a picture size and it defaults to the smallest size.  I usually use the medium size so it is big enough to see but not to big to view without scrolling on the website.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »
I apologize as this has nothing to do with picture quality between iOS and Android... However, it does have to do with the WKC app for iOS. The badge app icon on the App Store is absolutely fantastic and very minimal with the red kettle and white background. But when you download it, it changes the badge app icon to a black background and a cutoff of the words "Weber Kettle Club". Any explanation for this? Also my apologies if this was already brought up.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 11:43:03 PM »
I apologize as this has nothing to do with picture quality between iOS and Android... However, it does have to do with the WKC app for iOS. The badge app icon on the App Store is absolutely fantastic and very minimal with the red kettle and white background. But when you download it, it changes the badge app icon to a black background and a cutoff of the words "Weber Kettle Club". Any explanation for this? Also my apologies if this was already brought up.

no explanation, other than I need to fix it.
I'm an android guy, so I guess it's not a squeeky wheel that's in my face constantly.

I'll try to get the icon configurations figured out for iphones :)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Weber Kettle Club App
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 02:26:51 AM »

no explanation, other than I need to fix it.
I'm an android guy, so I guess it's not a squeeky wheel that's in my face constantly.

I'll try to get the icon configurations figured out for iphones :)

Yeaaah i'm an iPhone guy so if you could just go ahead and do that, that would be greaaat! M'kuy!? Oh and don't forget those TPS reports...  [emoji14]

SixZeroFour

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Didn't you get the memo? ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 06:01:16 AM »
I find that the pictures on the Tapatalk app are larger and clear and crisp. Oh and sixzerofour I have EIGHT different bosses! [emoji15]