Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mellow Mushroom's Thai Dye pizza  (Read 3651 times)

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Mellow Mushroom's Thai Dye pizza
« on: July 16, 2016, 04:28:31 PM »
I don't have any "fancy" equipment, other than a stone on a couple of fire bricks sitting on the grill in my OTG kettle. Although, to our prehistoric ancestors, that probably all seems pretty fancy. But I digress.

The lovely wife loves the aforementioned Mellow Mushroom's Thai Dye pizza. We don't have any Mellow Mushroom franchises within reasonable pizza-gathering distance, so I found a copycat recipe.

Done on the kettle and stone. Baskets in a V, with a firebrick across the vertex and the whole thing filled with briquettes and a lump of hardwood.

I also haven't tried my own crust yet - just using store-bought crusts or flatbreads.

Don't have any action pics, but here's the final result:

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mellow Mushroom's Thai Dye pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »
Recipe:

Mellow Mushroom Thai Dye Pizza

Ingredients

1 pizza crust
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cooked curry chicken, diced (special instructions below)
1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced into quarters
1/2 small onion, sliced very thin
1 Roma tomato, sliced in halves
2 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 TBS olive oil
2 TBS sweet chili sauce
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
Instructions

Special Preparations
* Mix up your dough. When it's risen nicely, roll out and place it on your pizza pan or stone
* Dice the chicken breast. Sauté in a pan with a little bit of butter & olive oil. Add about 1 teaspoon (or more if you desire) of a yellow curry powder and sauté for a few minutes. Set aside
* Warm your olive oil either in a microwave (15 seconds) or in a pan (on very low heat) & add your minced garlic. This will be the base flavor of the pizza.
Assembly
Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees F
* Spoon your olive oil & garlic mixture over the dough, spread evenly. (you can even drizzle a little over the crust)
* Sprinkle your cheese evenly over your olive oil & garlic base
* Add the curry chicken
* Add sliced onions
* Bake pizza for 15-20 minutes or until crust is a nice golden brown & your cheese is just toasty
After baking instructions
* Once the pizza is taken out of the oven, add your fresh sliced cucumbers & tomatoes (I usually add a little more cheese after this step and pop back in the oven to melt - holds the cucumbers and tomatoes in place a little better. If you choose to do this step, remove from the oven a little before it's completely done the first time.)
* Drizzle the sweet chili sauce in a nice swirl over the pizza
* Sprinkle parmesan cheese (optional)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:15:57 PM »
That is a good looking pizza. Thanks for the recipe.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:09:13 AM »
Great looking pie

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »
Looks great!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!