Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How do you say jealous in German?  (Read 4752 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
How do you say jealous in German?
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Episode 189 of 'Why Won't Weber Let Me Give Them Money?'
http://www.grillsportverein.de/forum/stiftung-gsvtest/weber-mangal-grill-set-russenspiesse-2-0-a-180531.html

P.S there's some pron on the third page that's just makes my eyes tear up, its so beautiful

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
Re: How do you say jealous in German?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
Just ain't right

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:24:49 PM »
Where kinda use to this thing over here
You can't get 26' kettles,22WSM, coloured kettles, etc. Heck you can't even get chimney starters
I know Golly and I are use to having to pay shipping to get what we want. Which normally doubles the price
Even shipping is a nightmare , having to organize pick up and research websites to see who and how will ship
Luckily the exchange rate with the US is pretty much on parity at the moment
Maybe we need to get a little more inventive???
Does anyone want to learn German or Dutch?
I've tried purchasing items from dealers in the UK like Riverside Gardens but they just won't do it
We need a contact in Germany who is willing to ship worldwide for members
End rant
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 12:25:43 PM »
They'll sell us some sharp looking SS skewers here, but not the SS spacer for the kettle.  All they offer is the junkie rack to hold junkie, skinny, cheap skewers that sits right on the cooking grate.  Makes ZERO sense to me. 
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »
That would be nice to have. I wonder what the shipping on one would be? Any idea what kind of soup that is? Looks delish!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:29:20 PM »
Stop complaining Jeff! They ofer us potato nails and corn pics don't they? ::)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
Just think of how many potatoes would fit on those nails. Hey at least we've got those ebelskivver pans!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
I think the Grillfellas need to have a 'sit down' with the U.S. Weber marketing department!  They are obviously confused by many things!

And I have a special place for all those Weber potato nails with those Weber "marketing suits"  LOL
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 12:53:07 PM »
You know you can almost hear the marketing meeting, "we will never get Ace Hardware or Wal Mart to put those on their shelves, they're too expensive" >:(
Why can't someone in the room stand up and tell them its 2013 and there's this place called Amazon where all you have to do is put up a link and collect money! Once word got out you can't tell me that the U.S wouldn't be the biggest market for all this stuff, look at the money burnt on those Damn Green Eggs!!! Oh yeah, guess what, Amazon sells internationally too so help a Aussie brother out while you're at it and get them bigger Smokey Mountains and 26ers because sooner or later one of our brothers is gonna get bit by one of those  God awful Aussie snakes trying to scratch up the last Gasser Kettle in the Outback!! Why does every business have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future ? You don't NEED a snappy song and folks dancing by their grills to sell a good product !!!!

Ok, that helped, rant over
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:55:23 PM by Eastex »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »
I think the Grillfellas need to have a 'sit down' with the U.S. Weber marketing department!  They are obviously confused by many things!

And I have a special place for all those Weber potato nails with those Weber "marketing suits"  LOL
;D

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
Oh yeah, one more thing, call your new Amazon line 'Weber Pro Tools' , who was the person behind Weber Style?? Half the time I'm using my Webers I'm in shorts and flip flops, "style"?? Call them Pro tools, the people who buy them either would be pros or would think the tools make them one, either way you make a few extra bucks. There, I've done your marketing for you, now get on it!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »
You know you can almost hear the marketing meeting, "we will never get Ace Hardware or Wal Mart to put those on their shelves, they're too expensive" >:(
Why can't someone in the room stand up and tell them its 2013 and there's this place called Amazon where all you have to do is put up a link and collect money! Once word got out you can't tell me that the U.S wouldn't be the biggest market for all this stuff, look at the money burnt on those Damn Green Eggs!!! Oh yeah, guess what, Amazon sells internationally too so help a Aussie brother out while you're at it and get them bigger Smokey Mountains and 26ers because sooner or later one of our brothers is gonna get bit by one of those  God awful Aussie snakes trying to scratch up the last Gasser Kettle in the Outback!! Why does every business have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the future ? You don't NEED a snappy song and folks dancing by their grills to sell a good product !!!!

AMEN!  The red is a great tagline!

I HATE that dancing commercial. Sorry, but I do. I'm too much of an old school type guy to be doing the Camp Town Ladies dance from Blazing Saddles around my grills.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:28:31 PM by Craig »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 02:57:39 AM »

Just a bit of a swerve .........

AMEN!  The red is a great tagline!

I HATE that dancing commercial. Sorry, but I do. I'm too much of an old school type guy to be doing the Camp Town Ladies dance from Blazing Saddles around my grills.

Awright ya fokkin' old ladies.....

The following was one of my responses to one of the heavies @ SmokeRing making gumbo w/ smoked chuck, made several times over the winter & I just couldn't stand it anymore ( it LOOKS REALLY GOOD !! ) ~~~~~~~~~>

Quote from: 1buckie
Dang, EVERY TIME I see you put one of these together, I think of this song.....

Mighty Rad Gumbo by Little Feat....the best unknown band
in America !!!

I know you're not big on links, but if you like, here's some rippin' YouTube of them playing your song ~~~>

Music only....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ4UoXiAvXo

Live performance........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8u2GfNqaHo

I dance when I'm cookin' all the time & it ain't "Camp Town Ladies"..............

Daffy commercial or no, let's not be takin' the FUN out of it !!!!

On a lighter note, I really wonder if a small, but dedicated following / membership like WKC could have an effect on Weber's marketing; I'd really like to think that we could, that they would listen & at least consider......... :D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
How do you say jealous in German?
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 04:50:47 AM »
You get to be the dancer in our commercial Buckie, unless we want to do a tribute to Steve Martin in The Jerk, then I've got it. For my fun part I'll do my thoughts on Webers marketing team in my best Foghorn Leghorn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »

OK !!!

Now we're back on track !!!

Let's put the "FUN" back in dysFUNctional.................

PS: Listen to those Little Feat links....I double-dawg dare ya not to move around while that stuff's playing.................. 8)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:47:48 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"