Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dueling performers  (Read 2253 times)

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Dueling performers
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »
This is from a cook a couple years ago. Weber rotisserie on one and the Cajun Bandit on the other. Got the green SS performer from CL two years ago.

I didn't like the wimpy motors that come with kit, so I got this motor on steroids - it can handle up to 80 lbs or so. Now all I need is a roti ring for the ranch and I have a rig for spinning a suckling pig.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Dueling performers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »

Nice Setups !!!

"I didn't like the wimpy motors that come with kit, so I got this motor on steroids - it can handle up to 80 lbs or so. "

^^^^ What's the deal on the Tim Allen Ramp Up Kit ?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
More power! ARGH....ARGH.....ARGH.....ARGH!!! (best Tim Taylor grunt I can type,  ;) )
Nice looking performers. Its nice to see this as a side by side comparison of the 2 different roti rings. Looks like the OEM Weber one sits higher.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »
That's a great set up. What ya cooking with all that horsepower, or what you got under those hoods?

javahog2002

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:39 PM »
Nice setup. Been wanting a cajun bandit rot for a while.  where did you get the motor ?
SSP '00-WSM 18.5-WSM 22.0-'90 MT-Hasty Bake Cado

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Dueling performers
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 03:31:58 AM »
Here is the motor - not cheap but this spins with no hiccups, and no worries of out of balance food on the spit. I got it with the intention of eventually building a roti setup for my 26 kettle to be able to handle more than two chickens. Now I want to skip that and do that for the recently acquired ranch kettle.

http://www.gleasonavery.com/catalog/rotisserie-motors.html

I am thankful my wife lets me enjoy me tinkering around with my grills. I do a lot of the cooking at home.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »
Nice setup! I like how the ring colors match each performer. Thanks for sharing.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Dueling performers
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 03:19:13 AM »
Yes they have their differences. The weber is taller but doesn't fit as tight as the CB one. This doesn't really interfere with maintaining temps during a cook though. The CB one can be flipped and used on the WSM. I have used both at the same on several occasions.