Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ~KP Clone v1.1 ~ *Houston...We have lift off!* Picture Heavy First Pizza Cook  (Read 3227 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
OK, so I chucked the drum lid band and put 4 L brackets on the KP Clone ring. Much easier to R&R and it seats securely.

Fired it up with a heavy load of KBB and a split of Apple wood cut in 3 chunks.

First test cook I had to go with some take out dough and store bought sauce. My wife made a batch of dough from an ATK recipe - that will come later.

Red sauce, fresh Basil, ball and shred Mozzarella

Next up two EVOO, Pesto, Mozzarella-Artichoke-Garlic Smoked Chicken sausage.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Pepperoni

Red sauce, Chicken Artichoke Garlic sausage, Basil and Feta

Red sauce, Pesto and Feta

I'm full!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
WELL DONE!

Id have 3rd degree burns eating all that.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Pepperoni Please!.. good job!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Great job, and great build!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Those are great looking pizzas. Congratulations on the build and the cook.

Troy

• Statesman
great pies!

is there a build thread that I missed? I'm really curious about this thing (and i'm wrapping up a review of the KP)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
great pies!

is there a build thread that I missed? I'm really curious about this thing (and i'm wrapping up a review of the KP)

Here ya go @Troy

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/~kp-clone-v1-0~-*all-fire-up-and-nothing-to-cook!*/

Troy

• Statesman
great pies!

Here ya go @Troy

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/~kp-clone-v1-0~-*all-fire-up-and-nothing-to-cook!*/

Thanks!
That's pretty bad ass. I love the saw blade mod.
Do you have an IR therm? what'd the temp difference between the dome and the stone?

swamprb

• WKC Performer
great pies!

Here ya go @Troy

Thanks!
That's pretty bad ass. I love the saw blade mod.
Do you have an IR therm? what'd the temp difference between the dome and the stone?

IR thermo on the short list of accessories.

I am thinking of making a sliding door for the opening, or at least an adjustable one (magnets?)
The opening is 5.5" x 19". I might lower the sawblade deflector and add the bottom from the drum above it.