Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's everyone cooking for the 4th?  (Read 5130 times)

Rondo

• WKC Brave
What's everyone cooking for the 4th?
« on: June 28, 2016, 04:39:49 PM »
Just thought I would see what everyone is cooking this coming weekend. May have to work myself but I'm goi g to get something on.

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
Re: What's everyone cooking for the 4th?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 06:45:38 PM »
brisket, ribs, and a whole chicken for dinner. will have some wings for lunch.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:44:54 AM »
Not sure myself, might roti a yardbird and then some babyback's..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:48:53 AM »
My buddy is bringing over his 22 kettle and home built 18 smoker. Those, along with my SSP , are going to cook a truck load of meat.

We will finalize the menu on Friday, depends on what the butcher has available, but both of us want to take on the brisket.

Cheers, TheBigDawg

vinced

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 03:18:34 AM »
Since I have to work the 4th, I plan on smoking some ribs on the 3rd.

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:14:37 AM »
I gotta use the Roti again!  I'm thinking a small Prime Rib (Just me and the Mrs.) on the 18", and I'm going to do my first Chuckie on the 22 for Saturday.  Golf on Sunday so maybe wings or something quick for dinner.   Monday Ribs on the 22" and I'll probably do a Porcetta just to use the Roti again.   I love that thing!!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 07:01:49 AM »
I am not 100% sure yet. I have 3 frozen butts that need to be cooked, but I want ribs and the wife loves brisket. one of those things is going to happen this coming weekend though. We have some bike riding and other things to do around the house as well, so maybe 2 of these things will happen.

ReverendMike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 09:01:59 AM »
100 lb pig in the La Caja China, 50ish lbs of brisket across two Kettles (gotta get a Ranch!), about 30 lbs of chicken, a bunch of burgers and sausages. Oh, and pineapple for a Grilled Pineapple & Mango Salsa to go with everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 09:14:35 AM »
100 lb pig in the La Caja China, 50ish lbs of brisket across two Kettles (gotta get a Ranch!), about 30 lbs of chicken, a bunch of burgers and sausages. Oh, and pineapple for a Grilled Pineapple & Mango Salsa to go with everything.

Wow, we're going to need to see some pics of this cook.

I've got ribs on the agenda for the weekend.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Mosca

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »
Brisket...

THUNDERDOME

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 11:21:14 AM »
Nice @Mosca!

Hetron

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 12:13:08 PM »
Whole roast turkey with corn bread stuffing on the Weber.  Mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole on the Weber, green bean casserole on the Weber,  orange cranberry relish and pumpkin pie.  BTW, for Thanksgiving I do burgers, dogs and brats.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 12:22:11 PM »
Headed out, in about an hour, for a brisket from Restaurant Depot.  Hoping to get another Angus.

One day, @Mosca, I'm going to have to break down a spring for one those, though.

Also doing a couple racks of St. Louis, some wings, bacon wrapped meatballs . . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »
Just saw where our local HEB has brisket $1.59 lb. guess I'll go get a couple. Thawing out a pork butt for the weekend. Not sure if it will go on the 14"WSM or the 22.5 inch kettle. First pork butt for me.

Mosca

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »
Headed out, in about an hour, for a brisket from Restaurant Depot.  Hoping to get another Angus.

One day, @Mosca, I'm going to have to break down a spring for one those, though.

Also doing a couple racks of St. Louis, some wings, bacon wrapped meatballs . . . .

BD

I wish we had a RD near us!

Brisket is $6.99/lb for flats, locally. SRF was having a sale, it worked out to about $9/lb, for the extra $2/lb I justified going from an Angus flat to a Kobe gold whole packer. It was still a $130 piece of BBQ though, no getting around that. I rationalized it until I clicked the button, then hurried up and filled out the screen before I changed my mind.