Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Father's day Rotisserie  (Read 4279 times)

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: Father's day Rotisserie
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »
Problem solved!   I just bought an 18" black kettle on CL for $25!!  It's now a dedicated rotiserer!!
(I'm glad it's a slow day at work!)

Nice work!  I think that was the most logical solution to your problem.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 05:06:30 PM »
That's a good way to solve a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 08:52:50 AM »
Chicken came out awesome!
I woke up Saturday morning and drove about 45 minutes to pick up the 18".  I got there and see it's in pretty rough shape, more neglect than abuse though.  No rust, no dents, vents work, I bring it home.   I jump back in my truck and instantly am overpowered by wet stale basement smell. No biggie, it was a gorgeous morning, drove with windows open.
I get home and the cover went instantly in the trash, not worth trying to salvage.   The grill got a bath and she surprisingly shined up well, looks barely used now!!!!!!   Great deal so far!!!

So, I get the chicken all seasoned, tied up, spit through the bird.   Let's fire up the new kettle....used 1 full chimney split between two baskets (one in front, one in back, chicken in middle)
Had a lot of white smoke for a bit but that soon went away.  She's running a little hotter than I wanted (aiming for 300-350,  I think it was more like 400-425)
Spun the bird for total hour and 15 minutes.  Came out perfect!  Very juicy, crispy skin.   I'll never cook a chicken any other way again!!
Clean up was a breeze.....actually the Mrs. cleaned the spit and all while I was doing the yard work  so I really can't say!
Highly recommend putting a rotisserie kit at the top of your wish list!!

I have a couple pics, but can't get them to load......working on it....
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

EricD

• WKC Brave
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »
Great job!  Roto is the way to go for chickens!  I've done beer can, whole in the basment (coal grate), spatchcock, and now roto is my go to chicken cooking style.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
Looks good!  If you can put that counter weight on the outside of the kettle it will save you a little cleanup.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »
Thanks Neil, I thought about putting it outside but for some reason I thought closer to the bird would be better.  (I know it makes no sense, but whatever)
All future cooks it will be on the outside.   On every rotation, the lid would move a bit....took about 45 minutes to figure out it was the counter weight lifting the lid a smidge!  duh!