Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to post pictures here at the WKC  (Read 154701 times)

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
Re: How to post pictures here at the WKC
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2017, 11:28:23 AM »

That's just marvelous, 1buckie!

Hal Pollner

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 04:10:57 PM »
HEY GANG,

I'm still unable to post pictures on the main forum...I tried those instructions that I can understand and they don't work.

But those well-intentioned, really complex and involved instructions just overwhelm me! They're appreciated, but I just can't track 'em!

I know this sounds incomprehensible, considering my long Boeing career as a technically-minded lab test engineer, but this is what Alzheimers does to an otherwise intelligent man.

Yes indeed, Gentlemen...
Hal Pollner

Grizzle_Vizzle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
I also can't post pictures and have quite a few saved up, ready to unload to the masses.

I have tried to register with the "http://pics.weberkettleclub.com" site, and haven't been able to get it to send me a confirmation e-mail.
I guess I could sign up for one of those other photo-hosting sites, but would really like to have this all on one site.
Love my Copper-Topped Performer Premium

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2017, 10:14:57 AM »
I also can't post pictures and have quite a few saved up, ready to unload to the masses.

I have tried to register with the "http://pics.weberkettleclub.com" site, and haven't been able to get it to send me a confirmation e-mail.
I guess I could sign up for one of those other photo-hosting sites, but would really like to have this all on one site.

If you're using yahoo, yahoo blocks all of our email from weberkettleclub.com :(
I can manually activate your account if you email me. Troy@weberkettleclub

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2017, 06:33:23 AM »
Did they steal your money too?

They do NOW...... :(
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »
Did they steal your money too?

They do NOW...... :(

A lot of us are in the same boat.  They will not be getting one penny from me.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »
The wife says there's a site of some kind where many, many people are EXTREMELY displeased w/ das Bucket.....talk of class-action lawsuits, etc.......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2017, 06:23:36 AM »
Thank you for creating the WKC Pics service. It took me a few minutes to get acquainted, but it's working. Having to part ways with photobucket is irritating, but I appreciate having a solid alternative here.

baglorious

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 02:52:12 AM »
This is a test...

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2019, 01:01:52 AM »
Killer sandwich and beautiful yard!
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

RobberHut

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2019, 02:04:09 AM »
I don't think I'm a fool, but I can't figure out how to post a photo on the forum. I couldn't find an option to do it when creating a new post or replying to a message. What am I missing?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 02:07:43 AM by RobberHut »
Fany's small text, also known as subscription letters, is also part of the small text generator at https://fontvilla.com/tiny-text-generator/

Cellar2ful

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2019, 06:53:51 AM »

@RobberHut - If your working from a desktop PC, here is a great tutorial on what is required to post photos here on the WKC Forum.  If your using your phone, someone else will need to chime in as I work from my desktop PC.

Still getting requested for help in posting pics.... so I just put together what I already had to make it even more easier to understand for new members wanting to post pics here in WKC forum.

First you need to understand that a pic from your pc or phone ---> need to be uploaded to a picture hosting site ----> then you need to use BBCode address provided from the hosting site pic to link it to your post.

1 Create an account here:  pics.weberkettleclub.com image hosting site. Once your account is set up, you should be able to sign in.

2. Now to load a pic to the image hosting site from your computer stored pic. Once you are signed in....

click on " start uploading" or the small icon where I have the cursor to start.

You should get this.  Click on "take a picture" where I have the cursor.

You should get something like this in your computer where you can pick the pic you want to load.  I click once on the pic I want to highlight and click open at the bot. right where I have the cursor.

You will get this.  Here is where you can resize the pic if the size is too large.  Click on UPLOAD.

Your pic is now loaded to the image hosting site. Scroll down on the same page and should look like this.  See how "About" is highlighted-underlined. Click on "Embeded Codes"

Copy "BBCode" link as shown. It is the 6th link shown. Put a cursor over to the right and Copy shows up. Click on Copy.  You just copied the pic BBCode address required  and ready to paste it into your post in this forum.

3. From your post, to paste your copied BBCode link - Ctrl+V or right click on the mouse and clicking paste. This is how it looks

This is how it looks after you click on Preview button at the bottom right. Your pic now shows up at the top. Click Save if you are ready to post.

Now, you have just linked your pic just uploaded to the image hosting site to your new thread/post/reply. Have fun posting pics of your kettles.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RobberHut

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »
Thank you very much for this information Cellar2ful.
Fany's small text, also known as subscription letters, is also part of the small text generator at https://fontvilla.com/tiny-text-generator/

Cellar2ful

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »

The thanks goes to @greenweb for the tutorial with photos.  It was just buried back on page 3 of this thread.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"