Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to post pictures here at the WKC  (Read 154595 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: How to post pictures here at the WKC
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 01:40:23 PM »
its a link...... not a picture.  i missed something.  but damn..... freaking cool.

@Cookingmama

Monster cookup....ma'am !!!!!

To get that, I left clicked BB Code Medium, it hilites blue, then right click & copy & drop into the post here.....not sure exactly how it works on a phone, but monster cookup, still the same..... 8)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:16:37 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 02:57:49 PM »
i believe i am missing a step after using the link that Troy gave me. 

i upload. then i get something i can cut and paste... but when i do that it shows up as a link. 

i saw the option of "embed" stuffs...... but i don't know which to choose for that.  or if that is even where i need to select so that what i cut and paste... come up as an actual picture.

Bueller....Bueller.....
ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 06:39:43 PM »
i believe i am missing a step after using the link that Troy gave me. 

i upload. then i get something i can cut and paste... but when i do that it shows up as a link. 

i saw the option of "embed" stuffs...... but i don't know which to choose for that.  or if that is even where i need to select so that what i cut and paste... come up as an actual picture.

Bueller....Bueller.....

Howdy there Mama.     Look down at the bottom left of the pic page where it says EMBED CODES.

The first 4 are used in combination with the Insert Image icon on the post reply page (up above the smiley faces.    When you click the icon, it will insert an img tag that looks like this  [ img][ /img]

Copy whichever of the first 4 links you want and paste it in between the ] and the [.

Alternatively, the next 4 sets of embed codes make it even easier in that the img tags are already included.  You don't have to hit the icon on the reply page.    For this forum, use the BB codes.

Image Embed - inserts the picture exactly as you see it

Linked image + Image embed codes - inserts the image but also contains a link so that if a person clicks the photo, they will be taken to it

Linked medium + Image embed codes - Same as above but resizes photo to a "medium" size.

Linked thumbnail + Image embed codes - Same as above but resized to thumbnail size.

Again, the img tags are already included in the BB code links.   Choose which style you want, copy the contents of the box and paste it right into your reply.

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 03:23:13 PM »
Gentlemen...

I don't know anything about "Apps", I don't know how to "Cut", "Drag", and "Paste", I don't have an "Android", nor a "Smart Phone", nor an "I Phone", nor a "Tablet", nor a "Laptop", and I'm thankfully not on "Social Media" either!

I'm just an 80-year-old, 6'2", 205 lb. happily retired 37-year Lab Test Engineer from Boeing who has some great pictures that I'm sure you all would like to see!

It's Crackers To Slip A Rozzer The Dropsy In Snide, as many of you have heard.

Cheers,
HiDesertHal
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:08:35 AM by Hal Pollner »

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 06:06:46 AM »

OH YEAH.....I tried to get a Photobucket account, but they won't have me because I'm using the "antique" Windows 7, and
they'll accept only W7.1 or W10, both of which I tried and dislike.

Other than that, I'm an acceptable Pianist and Organist (I don't read music), as well as a fine Chord Guitarist, 4-string Tenor Banjoist, and Upright as well as Fender Bassist.

HiDesertHal (I sure wish I could show you some of my Music pictures!)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:10:32 AM by Hal Pollner »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 06:12:41 AM »
Hal, try pics.weberkettleclub.com, it is pretty user friendly
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
How to post pictures here at the WKC
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 06:15:41 AM »
I'm not going to stand idly by and let you use your age as an excuse. Your using a computer and if you want to do certain things than upgrades are part of the territory. Some people might prefer using the dewy decimal system as opposed to a computer at the library but that's not going to happen. Your not too old to get with the times. And I mean that in a complimentary way not a wise ass way.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:43 AM »

Thanks, HoosierKettle!

Back Home Again in Indiana!

It's the DEWEY decimal system, sir!

I agree I'm not too old to get with the times, but encroaching Alzheimers has something to do with my situation...are frequent recall shutdowns bothering you?

My Dad died from complications arising from Alzheimers at age 81...I'm not far from there!

HiDesertHal

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:54:51 AM by Hal Pollner »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 07:17:26 AM »
I feel for you on that Hal. I'm only 42 but I've heard from a lot of people that getting old is not for the faint of heart. I'd be lucky to make it there someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »

TO ALL:

I originally quit the Forum because of my being thwarted at every attempt to send a Picture, even though being thankful for the help many of you have given me, but to no avail.

Then I decided to give up Charcoal and switch to Gas, which caused me to return to the Forum to get some advice on which gassers to consider.

And now, thanks to all of you who recommended the Weber Q, I bought a Q-1200!

I recently went to pics.weberkettleclub.com and tried to Create an Account so I could send some pictures, but then I got flags of INVALID NAME and PATTERN MISMATCH.  Marvelous.

Now I feel that the only way you're going to get any pictures from me is to act as my Agent and send my pictures to the Forum that I sent to you as email attachments.

If this isn't workable, then I'll just say Sayonara with justifiable disppointment, but certainly not with anger, OK?

Understand...I will always come back if I have other questions or problems, 'cause you're the BBQ Magna Carta!

HiDesertHal
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:52:55 AM by Hal Pollner »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 10:57:32 AM »
"I recently went to pics.weberkettleclub.com and tried to Create an Account so I could send some pictures, but then I got flags of INVALID NAME and PATTERN MISMATCH.  Marvelous."

Yeah, I got that same kinda thing......used my screen name & "create a password"  & then the full sized HTML "copy" (left click copy as you hover over the slot, then go to your post, hold down Ctrl button & tap the V on the keyboard.......

9-2016018.jpg" border="0

It will look about like this in the posting box:

src="http://pics.weberkettleclub.com/images/2017/03/27/9-2016018.jpg" alt="9-2016018.jpg" border="0" /> 

Just tap " the "Enter" button a couple times to create a space between text & the photo.....

You're a half-step away Hal.....give it a go!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 11:57:13 AM »
@1buckie is old, he can figure it out......
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 01:20:20 PM »

TO ALL:

I originally quit the Forum because of my being thwarted at every attempt to send a Picture, even though being thankful for the help many of you have given me, but to no avail.

Then I decided to give up Charcoal and switch to Gas, which caused me to return to the Forum to get some advice on which gassers to consider.

And now, thanks to all of you who recommended the Weber Q, I bought a Q-1200!

I recently went to pics.weberkettleclub.com and tried to Create an Account so I could send some pictures, but then I got flags of INVALID NAME and PATTERN MISMATCH.  Marvelous.

Now I feel that the only way you're going to get any pictures from me is to act as my Agent and send my pictures to the Forum that I sent to you as email attachments.

If this isn't workable, then I'll just say Sayonara with justifiable disppointment, but certainly not with anger, OK?

Understand...I will always come back if I have other questions or problems, 'cause you're the BBQ Magna Carta!

HiDesertHal

Use your exact forum user name to create an account.  Once the account is created, you are half way there.  After that, you sign in to your account and call up a pic stored in your computer. You may figure it out once you sign in but I will take you thru. the steps if you sign in. Go ahead and try to sign up again.

HiDesertHal

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »

I tried creating an account AGAIN on the picture forum, but it got my user name wrong!

I've been using HiDesertHal since the stock market crash of 1929, but the site has me down as hideserthal with NO CAPS, man!

HiDesertHal

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »

I tried creating an account AGAIN on the picture forum, but it got my user name wrong!

I've been using HiDesertHal since the stock market crash of 1929, but the site has me down as hideserthal with NO CAPS, man!

HiDesertHal

To create your account, you need to input your e-mail add., user name, and the password.

Try using different e-mail add. to create a new account at pics.weberkettleclub.com. If you don't have than create another e-mail add.  Use Hal Pollner. Same as the user name here. Try also using different password as before to sign in. Once you are in... I will guide you on how if need.