Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MBH Gas Kettle, dark green goodness.  (Read 5091 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: MBH Gas Kettle, dark green goodness.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 11:24:42 AM »
Holy cow that's an awesome find Greg!! Congrats!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 03:06:19 PM »
Wow @GregS that is in amazing shape.  What did your burners look like?  Mine were actually in good shape but I'm guessing yours might be even better.  Also, I noticed there are only three of the wing nut tab things that hold the kettle to the pedestal....are there some missing or is that all that model appears to have had?  Mine has either 5 or 6.  Would love to find replacement parts for that.  Mine are rusted up bad. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 12:16:03 AM »
What a great find and clean up Greg! I really like how you did the table and put it all together in the ivy. Very nice.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 12:32:01 PM »
That cleaned up great. Great job!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »
Looks Great!!!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »
Thanks everyone! 

Wow @GregS that is in amazing shape.  What did your burners look like?  Mine were actually in good shape but I'm guessing yours might be even better.  Also, I noticed there are only three of the wing nut tab things that hold the kettle to the pedestal....are there some missing or is that all that model appears to have had?  Mine has either 5 or 6.  Would love to find replacement parts for that.  Mine are rusted up bad.
@MikeRocksTheRed sorry so late getting back with you!  my burner has surface rust to it, but that's mostly it.  i believe mine only had the three wing nuts holding it to the pedestal.  i am considering dremeling them off and putting new ones in there, but it's not too wobbely at present since it's staying where it is.  i know my ocd will get the best of me though soon enough and i'll just put a three new bolts there with nuts.  it's def not the best design, having that heavy base connected to the bowl by three little screws.  I can see why they'd go to 5 or 6 on later models. 

but she's cooking well, we've used her a few times this summer out of convenience and it's tough to beat. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.