Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: *Sad state of our Education system!!*  (Read 5085 times)

EricD

• WKC Brave
Re: *Sad state of our Education system!!*
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 09:34:42 AM »
^^^^  And now we are going to be paying them $15 an hour for that!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
^^^^  And now we are going to be paying them $15 an hour for that!

Perhaps, OR it may attract a higher class of worker. Gotta be careful with those assumptions ... either way, they stand a better chance of keeping their lights on at night.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 04:47:47 AM »
I have no problem with an increase in the current minimum wages.  I don't think $15 an hour to flip burgers, or pump gas, is 'fair' (maybe appropriate is a better word).   In this Age of the Millennial do you really think it will attract a higher class of worker?  I have the feeling it will further promote the 'laziness' of the generation.
(ie.  I don't foresee college graduates (or "higher class of worker" settling for minimum wage positions)
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 02:27:58 PM »
Unfortunately I think that many College grads will take minimum wage positions- but NOT happily 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »
My attempt to be funny has spiraled downward.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »
My attempt to be funny has spiraled downward.
Hah, left hand smoke.

Are you left handed,  or do you smoke left handed? ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk