Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New to me Jumbo Joe  (Read 929 times)

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
New to me Jumbo Joe
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:42:22 AM »
I picked up this little gem yesterday at a house I was working on. It's a Weber 18.5" Jumbo Joe and the previous owner was throwing it out with the trash!  Said he'd only cooked on it twice.  Cleaned her up today and she looks like new. Only thing missing is the grill grate so I figure I'll replace it with a hinged version. Will be perfect for tailgating or travelling, but I'm sure I'll do some small low n slow on it too!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: New to me Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
$FREE.99

Can't beat that price!!!
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Mac

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:46:17 AM »
Nice save!  Can't believe somebody would throw that away. 
SJS, 14 WSM, 22 OKP

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »
Score! I just bought one this spring to take camping. I can't believe they were just throwing it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wahoo95

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 09:23:55 PM »
They were Hoarders like you'd see on the TV show so the grill was literally gonna be trashed after maybe 1-2 uses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 03:29:14 AM »
   You want to get the stainless steel hinged grate only from weber p/n 80730 that sucker will last a lifetime. Next on the list should be the portable table and portable tools then to up your smoking game get the cajun bandit stacker, after the first time using it I knew I had to drill a hole for the probe. I'm not a big fan of the 18" grills but this little beast with all the available accessories can do everything for four people comfortably.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 05:50:58 AM »
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 06:28:00 AM »
IDK if you have the same JJ as I have but on MY grill I can't use regular 18.5" grates, they have to be special for the JJ.  PERHAPS that's what Filibuster is referring too.  Good Luck and Enjoy  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »
   So what you have Red Kettle Rich is the "Smokey joe platinum" which is the oddball child in the weber family. Almost anything made to fit the 18.5" grills will fit the jumbo joe nothing special and those craycorts fit the JJ perfectly I have a set but am to lazy to use them.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.