Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is your significant other hooked too?  (Read 7092 times)

Yendor

• WKC Brave
Is your significant other hooked too?
« on: May 19, 2016, 07:57:55 AM »
As some of you know It all started innocently. I found a Red 1999 MT for $25, a few days later my wife found a mid-70's red in a scrap pile, that she picked up for me (it is awaiting rehab, have wheels and new handle). Just a second ago she sent me a FB message of a local garage sale and you guessed it, a metal handled red head with the comment of, "Grill?". Do any of your significant others do this to you as well? I asked about the price of this kettle too. Dang, just what I need.

btomlin

• Smokey Joe
Re: Is your significant other hooked too?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
Hardly....my wife has a difficult time comprehending why I have/need a genesis propane and a SSP.  :)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:04:01 AM »
My wife was sweet/cute enough to point out she saw a couple kettles on a loading dock.. When she realized how interested I was to know details, she felt bad for not taking a photo at least..or poke around and find someone to chat with.

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »
I'll report back tonight once I get to look at it, in my back yard. $10 and the wife is picking it up after work.

Yes, she is my enabler.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
I definitely would not go as far as to say my wife is hooked nor an enabler. That being said, I've never heard a complaint about what comes off those grills [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:27:07 AM »
Well, she couldn't make it after work and it was at a garage sale. She is working at home today so she rushed out over her lunch time to grab it. Waiting on a vent lid pic to see if it has a date code on it.

If I would have gone to the mountain bike races today I would have missed out on this thing as I take my wife's Jeep in order to take my fat bike.

UPDATE: She sent me a picture of the vent lid, there is a strategically placed bird dropping covering the letter code, but it appears to be an "A".  She's working again and not willing to go clean and look. I guess I have 2 to clean this weekend now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:33:56 AM by Yendor »

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 09:34:11 AM »
Congrats Yendor, but don't get your hopes up too quick as she might change her ways after your 5th or so addition

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »
Now my wife is thinking that this one she picked up may be an 18" kettle! Even better! I looked that the pictures to see what is visibly different between the 2 and just noticed the kettle handles are different between the 22 and 18. So yes indeed this is an 18" red 1979 kettle!  Yes, I am excited.

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 09:50:25 AM »
Congrats Yendor, but don't get your hopes up too quick as she might change her ways after your 5th or so addition
I haven't talked about my pellet grills or my stick burner here yet. So we are good for now. I think this will be the last though. I need a couple sets of grates and some elbow grease and we will be good to go. The 3 red heads are now Sarah, Lucy and Trinity-the girls of the Trailer Park Boys.

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 10:02:23 AM »
Some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Do I get too excited for this stuff?

FB pic from the garage sale (tried cropping it, but it didn't take)

Vent lid pic from spousal unit

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
What is the opposite of hooked?  That's what my wife is.   >:(

She's pretty much given up at this point, so that's at least somewhat in the right direction.  ::)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »
Nice score! I'm talking about your wife.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 12:10:43 PM »
Mine sort of tolerates the hobby, but I think she's coming around. When I picked up the blue and told her I was gonna sell the black OTG... "but your mom bought that one" OK, I'll sell the Silver.  "But that was your first Weber..."

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »
My wife is fully on board … In fact, she has been with me on at least 5 rescues … However, she is a UNICORN.   :o ;D ;) 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »
She is supportive but not even close to hooked.