Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 22 1/2" SS Weber Grates  (Read 2341 times)

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
22 1/2" SS Weber Grates
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:01:35 PM »
Any of you guys have any SS grates for your kettles? I always wanted one so I finally ordered it today.

Normally I would make the parts myself but I cant buy the materials for the cost of the grate and shipping.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Danny C

• WKC Brave
Re: 22 1/2" SS Weber Grates
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
I have one on my 26 they come with it, to replace that grate is like 109.00 or somewhere around there. I want to start buying them for my 22s also, I use a wire wheel with my cordless drill to clean it works great
Danny

etruax

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »
I purchased and SS 22 grate from Weber and really like it.  Wish they offered the same in 18.

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 05:18:51 AM »
While the SS is certainly an improvement over the plated grates (*) I think I'd spring for a cast iron grate were I going to upgrade.

I have a rectangular CI grate that fits a 22.5 perfectly - even allows the hinged sections to open - so I cannot justify the expense.

(*) Am I the only person who thinks that Weber is a little too sparing with the plating on their grates? They get rusty if I look cross eyed at them. I suppose that gives them a steady stream of replacement sales.  :-\
kettles, smokers...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:13 AM »
While the SS is certainly an improvement over the plated grates (*) I think I'd spring for a cast iron grate were I going to upgrade.

I have a rectangular CI grate that fits a 22.5 perfectly - even allows the hinged sections to open - so I cannot justify the expense.

(*) Am I the only person who thinks that Weber is a little too sparing with the plating on their grates? They get rusty if I look cross eyed at them. I suppose that gives them a steady stream of replacement sales.  :-\

Yeah, but I just scrape 'em down & fire off a huge load of 'turds & they start actin' like cast iron....

that rectangle you got is cool, just right .... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »
At damn near $90 Craycort can keep their CI grates. I have rectangle grates I use when I need one for sear marks etc. It took me 10+ years to pry $30 from my hand for a stainless one.

Weber needs to capture their market share on the CI grates, the profit margin is huge!

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
I ordered the Char-Broil CI and just it today. Fits perfect cant wait to try it out!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
I got the grate today. I'll put up pics after I cook something tonight.

Cornputer dont want to take pics off the chip right this moment.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
22 1/2" SS Weber Grates
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »
I got one for my performer after using the one that came with the 26 in kettle. They are definitely a nice upgrade from the plated ones and have a better lifespan. The one on my 26 in kettle still is on good shape after 4 years of heavy use.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:17 AM »
I didn't get to cook anything with it yet but here it is. My first $30 grill grate, siting there cold and lonely. Maybe I'll cook myself a ham samich for lunch later if I get time.