Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stirfry on the Vintage Wok!  (Read 3601 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Stirfry on the Vintage Wok!
« on: July 20, 2012, 07:10:46 AM »
It all started two days ago when I made this awesome center cut pork loin.

Then I scored this vintage Weber wok and original utensils and planned a stir fry.

There is an inscription on one of the handles.

Rather than bore you with pictures of every step I am just showing the short version.

This was minced smoked pork from yesterday, green onions, garlic shrimp, peanuts, water chestnuts and  little oyster sauce.

Then I added the fresh vegetables.
Snow peas, carrots and brocoli.

Here's a grill shot.

Finished!

Served! I used a little wasabi soy with sesame on it. I also keep a bottle of Schiracha on standby for a little extra heat when needed.

That wok worked so much better than my other. I wonder if it's the material it's made from or that I cooked it with higher heat, but everything really sizzled like it does when you watch a pro. I also have plenty of lefties for lunch today.  ;)

Tonight I am planning on doing this again, but with noodles this time like Jeff did.  :)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Stirfry on the Vintage Wok!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:20:55 AM »
Oh man... my stomach is growling just looking at that. What time should I be over for dinner tonight?  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »
Shaun...looks great! Making me hungry now! 
You know...when you said it cooked so much better than the "new" style Weber Wok...I thought the EXACT same thing. It sizzled better, cooked better, AND I had so much more space to work with.  I think my new style 22 might even be expendable becaue of it. 
When I did my noodles, I half cooked them first before putting them in the wok.  And yes...the leftovers are great.  Wish I had some now.
Lastly, I never noticed those inscriptions in the handles on my wok.  I'll have to check.  I WANT those tools you have with your wok....I have the original box and paperwork with mine....but the tools are missing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:29:11 AM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:36:17 AM »
FREAKING NICE WOK!  Nice meal too!  I'd love to find a Wok like that!  Then I would Wok and 'Roll'! 
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:04:34 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Could it be possible that Weber used the mold from the 1952 original as the contour for the wok?

Man you know what? Together we are closing in on an original '52! I know there one out there and we are probably going to be the ones that find it. :D

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:28:50 AM »
hmmm...by looking at the Weber Timeline...I think the wok is a bit more rounded than the original kettle, but it also could just be the angle of the picture on the timeline that makes it look "less" round.  ??
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »
nice meal

killer wok!!

the wok looks turned instead of pressed/stamped

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »
Great cooking man, looks very healthy! 

Vermin99

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
great looking meal !!

to get those tools google wok shop. its a little store in china town  SF. That is where I got mine from.