Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kingsford Competition @ Costco  (Read 3870 times)

Bman

• WKC Performer
Kingsford Competition @ Costco
« on: March 07, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
Sale started today, 3/7 and runs through 3/31

At our local Costco, twin 18 pound pack is $20.99 minus the $4.30 sale = $16.69

I stopped on the way home and grabbed the limit (2) since I use the WSM quite a bit.

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kingsford Competition @ Costco
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
$19.99 per twin pack at my Costco.  I still have 6 bags from Labor day so I held off.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »
I'm still new at this charcoal thing, so no stock-pile stash here.  But this Competition is cheaper than regular ol' Kingsford so I'll probably pick up a few more.  :D
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »
It may be cheaper now but usually around the "big 3" summer holidays, you can get a some great deals on K Blue at Home Depot and other stores.  Thats when some are buying it by the pallet.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »
True, but I've been less than enthused with KBB in the WSM.  I'll grab more of this Competition for the low-n-slow and load up on the KBB for the Kettle.  :)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »
The reason I choose the KB of the KC is that it puts out way too much smoke. White smoke.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
I think it burns hotter and faster, basically "Poof" and its gone. I think its overated for the price.
I'll stick with regualr K and use lump in my WSM for the low and slow..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 07:04:11 AM »
That's funny, I do the opposite. KB for slow cooks and lump for grilling. That's my preference, but I grill with kb a lot too because it's plentiful.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
I started with KBB for the WSM until I tried Stubbs.  I'll never use KBB in the WSM again as it produces too much ash and smothers the coals.
If the Competition burns cleaner, it should be golden.  Controlling the temps shouldn't be any different with the Competition vs KBB vs Stubbs vs Lump, right?  Only one way to find out...  lol

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 06:01:51 PM »
I can't speak for Home Depot stores everywhere, but the one near my home sells a twin-pak of 13lb Kingsford for $5.49 every Easter, Memorial day, July 4th, and Labor day - no limit! That's about $2.75 per bag! They used to sell two 20lb bags for this price up until about 2 years ago then they switched to the 13lb bags. Wal-Mart and Target usually get in on the price war and match this. So for now it's plentiful and cheap. I usually buy a pallet in the spring.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"