Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit Rotisserie - Finally got here!!! First Cook  (Read 8255 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Cajun Bandit Rotisserie - Finally got here!!! First Cook
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:05 AM »
Very nice.  Any other comments on how it works ?

Not sure what else to share, other than it was pretty simple to set up. Just the standard indirect charcoal setup with a some pecan woodchips. I need to do a little more research on the best way to put the chickens on the spit. They were on there kind of sloppy and flopped around a bit. I trussed the birds but need some more practice with that too. The best part is that I will get PLENTY of practice in the future.  ;D The motor that come it runs off two D batteries and did great. I didn't have to worry about a cord, especially one that would be stiff from the cold with this cook.

Another thing I like about this roti is that I can use the ring by itself for doing a standard cook on a turkey and also for beer can chicken when I do that for the novelty of it.

Guys, I can't recommend this thing more highly. A+++

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:20 AM »
Looking good man!  I need to get me one of those!  Why did you go Cajun Bandit over OEM? 

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
I like the looks of that unit.  Food looks good also. :)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:21 AM »
to solve the flopping chicken problem, stick an apple or an onion inside the bird and run the spit through it.

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »
 That is an awesome tip, Troy. You get stability and extra flavor. Love it!

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »
Looking good man!  I need to get me one of those!  Why did you go Cajun Bandit over OEM?

The price point is pretty much the same for both the CB and the Weber units. I've seen the Weber in action, there's nothing wrong with it at all, fine piece of equipment. But I read about, and and have now seen myself, the CB unit has a much better fit on the Weber kettle. I think the CB roti ring fits the kettle base better than the kettle lid does. I've heard some people talk about using gasket material on the Weber version. There wouldn't be anywhere to fit the gasket material in on the CB, its' that snug. It's also stainless and super heavy duty.

Either unit would be fine, I just prefer the CB.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 04:34:31 AM »
Good lookin meal...+1 on the CB roti unit. 

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »

The price point is pretty much the same for both the CB and the Weber units. I've seen the Weber in action, there's nothing wrong with it at all, fine piece of equipment. But I read about, and and have now seen myself, the CB unit has a much better fit on the Weber kettle. I think the CB roti ring fits the kettle base better than the kettle lid does. I've heard some people talk about using gasket material on the Weber version. There wouldn't be anywhere to fit the gasket material in on the CB, its' that snug. It's also stainless and super heavy duty.

Either unit would be fine, I just prefer the CB.

Thanks for the info!  That's probably my next accessory.  I'd like to use it for Picanha, a Brazilian cut of beef.   Gyro meat would be great as well!!