Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Avocado: P/U to Cleaned Up in 3hrs.  (Read 4740 times)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Avocado: P/U to Cleaned Up in 3hrs.
« on: May 05, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »

Got ahold of the seller, and arranged a p/u time. Usually work until 8:00pm-9:00pm, which can sometimes be a kiss of death to scoring a kettle on weekdays. Luckily, the seller wasn't available until 9:00pm. Perfect timing!!! Picked up just after 9:00pm & finished clean-up just after midnight. Ok, technically I finished at 8:30 this morning, if you count hitting the handle with Spar.
In awesome shape. Looks like it was rinsed after every use. Patent #. Small tab bowl dampers (all intact & free spinning). Minor rim rash in a couple spots. Minimal rust around handles & leg sockets. Handle was painted over with exterior paint. Triangle rusted. No ash pan, which seller said was buried in shed. Agreed to $70 now, and the remaining $10 when the pan is unearthed.
Quick scrape & steel wool to interior.  Cleaned outside of bowl/lid. Polished dampers. Sanded paint off handle, stained, and sealed with Spar. Cleaned grates up. Polished legs & triangle. Touched up whitewalls. Replaced leg cap. Grabbed one of my spare ash pans & cleaned it up.
Gotta say, this was one of my quickest, easiest clean-ups. It's a nice change of pace. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:40:35 AM by brewtownbeatdown »
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Avocado: P/U to Cleaned Up in 3hrs.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 10:10:55 AM »
Beauty!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 11:08:04 AM »
See how that kettle karma works ! 
Good things happen to good people very happy for you man .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »
Awesome! I'm glad that beauty went to a member!
Growing family = growing kettles!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:19:39 PM »
Beautiful tell me about these spare ash pans...I wish I had such luxury. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

order66

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »
Wow! She looks great!
-JDP
| 22.5 Master Touch |22.5 OTG |Pit Barrel Cooker| U-Lime SJS | Kettle Pizza| Akorn Jr. | Big Green Egg | Jumbo Joe | Blackstone Griddle | Pit Boss Classic |

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
Wow, great find and wonderful clean up!
I love the grain on that handle, it's color looks great against the 'cado

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 04:44:29 PM »
Nice job!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »
An hour late and a dollar short.  That grill was about 5min drive my my house too. Nice pick up Brewtown!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 05:42:16 PM »
Very nice cooker. Congrats!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 06:55:49 PM »
Nice work on that Cado!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 05:44:05 AM »
Beautiful tell me about these spare ash pans...I wish I had such luxury.
[emoji23]
Well, spare ash pans seem to be a bit of an urban legend. Almost as mythical as a unicorn, or an elderly person in a Subaru that drives normal. I've found the elusive spare pans & will update you when I find the unicorn.

Kinda surprised, for someone with full-blown Weberitis, that you haven't amassed an arsenal of donors (just to get the pans). 
An hour late and a dollar short.  That grill was about 5min drive my house too. Nice pick up Brewtown!
Sorry sir!!!  8-10min drive from my house. Was a little pricey, but it in too good of shape to pass up. Much to my wife's dismay, I've been trying to find an Avocado for some time. Got the same reaction, of disgust, that I get when I bring home a Brownie.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 06:00:31 AM »
Sorry sir!!!  8-10min drive from my house. Was a little pricey, but it in too good of shape to pass up. Much to my wife's dismay, I've been trying to find an Avocado for some time. Got the same reaction, of disgust, that I get when I bring home a Brownie.

LOL.  It was for the better that I didn't bring home this 'cado.  I would've also gotten the same stare too.  You and I might be neighbors?  I'm in Greendale btw. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
LOL.  It was for the better that I didn't bring home this 'cado.  I would've also gotten the same stare too.  You and I might be neighbors?  I'm in Greendale btw.
Neighbors!!!  I'm in the "H" section.

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 07:44:10 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown - Haha.  I'm in the G section on the west side of the RR Parkway.  I'm surprise i haven't seen or smell the smoke from your kettles.  We should have a cook out sometimes.