Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Site Sluggish??  (Read 1877 times)

ECinEI

• Smokey Joe
Site Sluggish??
« on: May 09, 2016, 01:46:07 AM »
am I alone in finding the site is running somewhat sluggishly recently and especially so currently?  I'm using a Mac with the latest OS 10.11.4 and the latest versions of Mac Safari and Firefox.  Find the same thing on my iPad.

Just tried my Win machine 8.1 with Firefox and Chrome and the site won't even load.  Everything else in my normal surfing routine is running perfectly fine.

Regards

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Site Sluggish??
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:31:39 AM »
Yesterday in particular and for some days last week, yes it was very slow to respond for me as well. What's interesting about Safari these days is that it essentially pre-fetches some links, so that when you click on one, it renders instantly. If it doesn't load, you know it's NOT a browser caching issue of any kind; it's just not getting the response from the server.

Seems like it's working great this morning, yes?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ECinEI

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:32:48 AM »
Yesterday in particular and for some days last week, yes it was very slow to respond for me as well. What's interesting about Safari these days is that it essentially pre-fetches some links, so that when you click on one, it renders instantly. If it doesn't load, you know it's NOT a browser caching issue of any kind; it's just not getting the response from the server.

Seems like it's working great this morning, yes?

Better now, yes.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 05:32:28 AM »
Any one seeing picture quality issues? My last couple of posts have resulted in blurry pictures? Maybe a setting or selection on my end?

●|||||||●

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 07:55:17 AM »
We've been having some issues with our server.
Good times.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »
"Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 09:15:03 PM »
yeah the site's traffic is once again outgrowing the server.
it's a good problem to have i guess

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 01:41:35 AM »
Bummer about the Chinese spam this morning in the Grill forum
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!