Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: KettlePizza on the Performer?  (Read 2239 times)

RedT

• Happy Cooker
KettlePizza on the Performer?
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »
I just purchased a KettlePizza, and asked Weber if the high heat would have any negative effect on the Performer. (Plastic table) Their response was that the KettlePizza was not a Weber Product, and they had no comment.

So, I bought a used kettle for my KettlePizza. Have, however noticed several photos of one being used on Performers?
(Guess it doesn't hurt to have a WSM, a Performer, and a Kettle for pizza and a rotisserie, eh?
WSM, 2006 Kettle, Performer

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: KettlePizza on the Performer?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:59:18 PM »
It's not the thermoset table that's usually the concern, but the plastic (also thermoset?) lid bale rollers that can melt. I'd also be cautious of banking lots of coals against the kettle, often. Eventually that'll hurt the steel, but if it's a beater ....
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:53:16 PM »
i've been using mine on a performer
no lid rollers, but temps have hit 1100 without any issues.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:46:40 AM »
I use mine on my performer all the time.  Nothing has melted yet.  I'm using baskets so the coals are off back of the kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedT

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:59 AM »
On kettle that I bought specifically for the "kettlepizza" I formed a fence of expanded metal to keep the pile of charcoal away from the sides of the kettle. On my first cook, the temp indicator went off scale, and the pizza crust burnt almost immediately. I had been told to use 2 chimneys of charcoal and oak wood. I'm thinking I had too much heat, and too much directly under the pizza stone.

Next effort, I will use less fuel and closely monitor the temp. It's a learning process!  <G> 
WSM, 2006 Kettle, Performer